Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Longwood Gardens

Sep 18, 2015
Longwood Gardens in Kennet Square, PA just completed a 90 million dollar restoration of their main fountain garden.

I thought people here might be interested in seeing this as it is about as large in scope as any installed entertainment at any park. This is apparently more than Disney spent on World of Color at California Adventure.

The fountains do both day and night shows with a number of special performances that include fireworks.

Fountains and Fireworks - the first of six unique shows this summer

Night Fountain Show - the entire show is there in parts

The fountain garden covers quite a large area with multiple layers so it can be difficult to get a feel for the scale of the show given how much there is to capture on video.

Hey everyone I know it wont get much traction on here but I wanted to fill in anyone who may be interested. I just went to the fireworks and fountains show themed to orchestral works (inc night on bald mountain, great gate of Kiev). Wow! This is easily a top 5 show I have ever seen. The fireworks really fill out the upgraded fountains and provide a well thought out program. The show lasted around 35-40 minutes at a cost of around 42$ per person with regular admission and was worth every dollar.

There were a few moments where the audience literally gasped at how amazing the show was. I cant think of a time across any park or show I was so floored at how mind blowingly amazing this was. I would put this in line with any top theme park show. The atmosphere and tech combined with fireworks is incredible. I hope this park is able to translate the increased publicity into further improvements of high caliber. It is absolutely a national treasure. It is so good I would easily spend that much at least once a year indefinitely.

Videos do not do this justice.