Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2017

Jul 2, 2013
Orange County, CA
Seeing lots of people talking about how this site needs a Scary Farm forum. Here it is. Today Knott's made a somewhat unsurprsing announcement. The Tooth Fairy would be returning for it's 4th official (and hopefully last) year.

Rumors are that Jon Cooke's maze will be fantasy themed. At Midsummer Scream they had a copy of Mother Goose covered in blood with horrific messages written in it. What are you guys looking forward to?

Hated Trick R' Treat, but I hope I'll be back in LA for a weekend in October to experience Lights Out.. heard the preview was awesome.

The scare zones have been announced. As expected: Ghost Town, Carnevil, Fiesta De Los Muertos and The Hallows (announced earlier this month), are coming back. I wonder what will be left for them to announce at the event.

Assuming Gunslinger is most likely gone and Dead of Winter may or may not be leaving, they still have two spots to fill. I hope they have two more mazes because just two would be a bit disappointing for the 45th anniversary. I can see why Voodoo and Tooth Fairy are staying because that would mean all of the new mazes would be in that corner, thereby causing all of the people to overcrowd that space.

They're going to be down a scare zone this year, so I wonder if they will make up for those loss of scare actors by cramming them into the already existing ines.

Shadowlands confirmed on FB to return (no surprise there).

I believe the Gunslinger's Grave location is being replaced with the camp snoopy location (where Slaughterhouse was for many years).

I'm a tad confused. At Midsummer Scream they said there would be 13 haunted attractions this year. On the website there are only 9 maze spots, and on Twitter they confirmed that they weren't doing the Skeleton Key exclusive rooms this year.

Dead of Winter may or may not be leaving,

Wanted to point this out. At Midsummer you obviously say "KSF45" and you choose one of two things that they give you and it's a hint to a New Maze. If you choose "One" you got this. Which looks to be a Abadoned Theme Park/Carnival Maze? The lady at the desk told me that there is a Hint on the Numbers of the Blue Ticket. Which if you look the Numbers up as Coordinates you get...

20170825_144400.png The Boardwalk Ballroom.

I wonder if we'll see the last of Special Ops. Not gonna lie, I wasn't impressed the first 2 years, but last year's version was a bit better. But still, I'm probably just zombied out in general.

Interesting news. Voodoo is returning (that's not the interesting part). But they're reversing the layout of the maze. This time you start from the back of the maze in the swamps and work your way to the front.

I loved Voodoo last year so I'm excited, granted it was my first year.

So what's the consensus on how many new mazes this year, 2 or 3.
2 New Mazes.

The Mother Noose's Scary Tales revamp/return and the abandoned Theme Park Alien Maze by Jon Cooke.