Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
During the lengthy discussion, Trevorrow talked about working with new director J.A. Bayona (A Monster Calls), stating that: “It will be more suspenseful and scary. It’s just the way it’s designed; it’s the way the story plays out. I knew I wanted Bayona to direct it long before anyone ever heard that was a possibility, so the whole thing was just built around his skillset.

Trevorrow then addressed the sequel’s special effects and how they’ll be mixing animatronics with CGI: “There will be animatronics for sure. We’ll follow the same general rule as all of the films in the franchise which is the animatronic dinosaurs are best used when standing still or moving at the hips or the neck. They can’t run or perform complex physical actions, and anything beyond that you go to animation. The same rules applied in Jurassic Park. I think the lack of animatronics in Jurassic Worldhad more to do with the physicality of the Indominus, the way the animal moved. It was very fast and fluid, it ran a lot, and needed to move its arms and legs and neck and tail all at once. It wasn’t a lumbering creature. We’ve written some opportunities for animatronics into [Jurassic World 2]—because it has to start at the script level—and I can definitely tell you that Bayona has the same priorities, he is all about going practical whenever possible.”

Colin Trevorrow talks Jurassic World sequel

And finally, Trevorrow also seemed to rule out the possibility of Jurassic World 2 further exploring the militization of the dinosaurs, adding that: “I’m not that interested in militarized dinosaurs, at least not in practice. I liked it in theory as the pipe dream of a lunatic. When that idea was first presented to me as part of an earlier script it was something that the character that ended up being Owen was for, that he supported, something that he was actively doing even at the beginning. Derek and I, one of our first reactions was ‘No if anyone’s gonna militarize raptors that’s what the bad guy does, he’s insane.’”

lets see jp1 jp2 jp3 jp world jp world 2 this is coming close to harry potter franchise.Also in-gen may be the worst fictional company ever.

It's been a year since Jurassic World and I've pretty much forgotten all about the movie. And, Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time. Bar none, no questions asked.

I hope Jurassic World 2 is more memorable. JW1 at least understood that you have to inspire some awe and amazement towards the dinosaurs and not just treat them as terrifying monsters.

Let's see how many ways they can tell a Dinosaur story...I guess it's been long enough time from the old JP movies not to feel too rehashed for their target demographic...younger adults who weren't old enough to see the first JP movies in theaters...I dunno.

Sort of like the real-world Halliburton?
Nah, that's these guys
cyberdyne_systems_wallpaper_by_mastergevaudan-d7aucyz.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog
Chris Pratt's character won't have as big of a presence in Infinity war as it would in JW2. No clue what part the GotG will have in IW, but it won't be lead like RDJ or the other normal Avengers. He can probably get all of his IW filming done in the first month or two and then move back over to JW2 with maybe having to do a few reshoots later.

I'm sure that Pratt has a contract with Legendary/NBCUniversal for the films, and that his schedule has been probably already talked about on both sides so that he can accomodate time for both productions.

However, with J.A. Bayona gearing up to go into production on the sequel, the director has revealed that he considers the next installment to be both Jurassic World 2 and Jurassic Park 5.

“I think somehow it’s both,” Bayona told CinemaBlend. “It’s a very good question, and what we’re doing is a sequel to Jurassic World, but it’s definitely the fifth chapter of a longer saga. It’s very interesting. It’s always tricky, but you need to find a balance in what people expect to find, and the new stuff you’re bringing to the story. And I think the story is looking for a connection between Jurassic World and Jurassic Park — more than what Jurassic World did.”

“I think what this film does is it’s the second chapter of the story that started in Jurassic World, and it’s open to a third chapter too,” he continued. “It’s very interesting in the way that we’re approaching the story, and where we are leading the story. We’re leading the story to a place that the audience is not expecting, and that’s always exciting when you do a sequel.”

J.A. Bayona says Jurassic World 2 is both a Jurassic World sequel and Jurassic Park 5

BREAKING: Jurassic World 1 is both Jurassic World and Jurassic Park 5. The Lost World is both The Lost World and Jurassic Park 2. The Empire Strikes Back is The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars 2 and Star Wars 5. Back to the Future Part III is both Back to the Future Part III and Back to the Future Part II Part II.

Last edited:
"Details on the plot for Jurassic World 2 are being kept under wraps, although Bayona has previously suggested that it may explore dinosaurs as “a parable of the treatment of today’s animals: abuse, experiments in medicine, pets, having wild animals in zoos like prisons, and military use.”

And Jurassic World 3 Park 6 will be the story about how after a long space mission humans find a planet ran by sentient dinosaurs....

Reactions: Disneyhead