Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Behind The Scenes of Jurassic Park The Ride - Home & Family Show - Universal Studios Hollywood:

Can we just talk about how amazing that attacking velociraptor looked? I always used to think it was a static figure but dang. Those AA's really need to be refurbished or replaced if that Jurassic World update is really going to happen. The movements may not reach up to the World of Pandora standards but a small improvement is at least enough.

Reactions: marip123
The audio system they show and what they say isn't 100% correct. All the audio sources come from a room next to the "Dispatch Tower" when you board the ride. The patch panel (shown) is the other end of that "tie line" going into that control room in the show building (where they're currently located in that video). Then the audio from the patch panel is tied to the several amplifiers (shown) in the two racks. That's all the audio for the show building only. In the control room next to the Dispatch Tower, it contains the amplifiers for the rest of the attraction. Minus the "Girl From Ipanema" playing at the abandoned workstation (track left, before the spitting dinosaur, before the lift into the show building). That's a looped track played off a Roland AR-100. Which is manually started and stopped each day.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Minus the "Girl From Ipanema" playing at the abandoned workstation (track left, before the spitting dinosaur, before the lift into the show building). That's a looped track played off a Roland AR-100. Which is manually started and stopped each day.

They seldom start and stop it anymore. They leave it running continuously through the night, even when the ride is shut down. It's a very spooky thing to hear walking through there after-hours, only hearing a low bitrate snippet of "The Girl from Ipanema" playing through a single speaker.

They seldom start and stop it anymore. They leave it running continuously through the night, even when the ride is shut down. It's a very spooky thing to hear walking through there after-hours, only hearing a low bitrate snippet of "The Girl from Ipanema" playing through a single speaker.

Yup. They never added an external timer to the unit (Roland - AR 100) as it doesn't have one internally. It's such a low priority and no ones complains (residents) so it's kept that way. It's the responsibility of a Technical Services employee to turn it off at night.

From what I know it was an after thought added to the attraction after it opened. It wasn't apart of the original design, maybe someone's pet project. If everything is in time, you should hear it before the two Spitters pop-up.

It's the responsibility of a Technical Services employee to turn it off at night.

Considering Tech. Svcs doesn't even bother to do most things in terms of general upkeep of that ride (replacing light bulbs, repairing audio cues, fixing the fogging/misting effects), I think turning off "The Girl from Ipanema" is probably the least of their worries at this point. Hopefully the ride's next refurb later on in the year, in which most of these minor issues are supposed to be repaired, will motivate to them to do regular, preventative upkeep on the attraction and possibly fix the eternal "Girl from Ipanema" loop.

...probably...

...hopefully...

Reactions: tankart150
Considering Tech. Svcs doesn't even bother to do most things in terms of general upkeep of that ride (replacing light bulbs, repairing audio cues, fixing the fogging/misting effects), I think turning off "The Girl from Ipanema" is probably the least of their worries at this point. Hopefully the ride's next refurb later on in the year, in which most of these minor issues are supposed to be repaired, will motivate to them to do regular, preventative upkeep on the attraction and possibly fix the eternal "Girl from Ipanema" loop.

...probably...

...hopefully...

USH is hiring a lot of new people in TS, so this should be solved soon. :ears:

I'm terribly sorry to :horse: but this ride needs a major overhaul BADLY. It's really discouraging to see a ride representing one of Uni's hottest properties run down and in disrepair. It's a shame this apparently is not on their radar to address for a long time.

Well...this refurb came suddenly...! I went on the ride last night and the baby Stego was out, the Explorer was out (when is it not), and Raptor 1 was still out (after how many years?). This ride needs love and it needs it badly. I can only wonder what this refurb on January 8 will have in store?

Here's to hoping...

With JP (at USH) being one of the most expensive theme park rides ever to be built, even in 1995/96 dollars. With a dollar figure, I will not release. The maintenance on this ride is equally as pricey, I doubt any major changes will ever come to this attraction. The Jeep Gag as it is technically called was one of the worst designs ever. It just keeps bashing itself over and over and that's why it hardly ever works. The dinosaurs as many of you know was a challenge to get into this attraction from day one and even more costly to replace if USH ever decides to do it. T-Rex 2 is another story which might be why this was an abrupt rehab. That dinosaur alone (when it breaks) is very and I mean VERY costly to put back into the show. But as it's the finale to the ride, its something that the parks operating budget has to take a hit.

The most important part and the reason why this attraction has to stay (for now) is that it was custom to the location as to where it sits. That in itself is the key and the most critical reason why it will stay there and probably never (never say never) move.

Your thoughts? :popcorn: