Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed that this movie finally gets Universal to pull the trigger and fix the IoA land
If that rumored volcanic eruption plot line from this movie is true (looks like it from the looks of the poster) might give a new ride a similar storyline versus "all the dinos escaped"

If that rumored volcanic eruption plot line from this movie is true (looks like it from the looks of the poster) might give a new ride a similar storyline versus "all the dinos escaped"

Problem with that is, saving the dinosaurs is basically the plot of countdown to extinction at AK, so I cant see universal wanting to make that kind of ride. If they did however, I would want it like star tours, multiple ride videos saving a different species of dinosaur every time for re-ride ability.

Two things - remember way back when, and it was rumored JP @ IOA would get a coaster that tied into something seen in the movie? Check out this early JW concept art:

^ There was definitely some sort of coaster planned, as seen on the map.

As an aside, I've been able to confirm Creature Technology Company is working on some new AA's for the River Adventure, though I have no idea what the cope of the project is anymore. But something very much is happening.

Two things - remember way back when, and it was rumored JP @ IOA would get a coaster that tied into something seen in the movie? Check out this early JW concept art:

^ There was definitely some sort of coaster planned, as seen on the map.

As an aside, I've been able to confirm Creature Technology Company is working on some new AA's for the River Adventure, though I have no idea what the cope of the project is anymore. But something very much is happening.

Funny enough, something shown off in the original Telltale Games Jurassic Series, was that there was a moment to where they were in a portion of Isla Nublar that was while unconstructed, having a full-sized coaster, called "Bone-Shaker".

It could've been a inspiration element for the original concept crew of JW1; but it got cut in the process and is not in any form of the finalized film.

As for Creature Tech working on JPRA, I have a side of me that wants to believe you; as I got wind of something in particular that I won't mention, but this rumor has been tired for a long time. And with the changes being made for Universal Hollywood, with SLoP and Fallon potentially on the table; I would think they are on the docket moreso than Jurassic World now.

So Indoraptors coming to a River Journey near you, just in time for the new film's release?
..I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to miss out on having something new that ties into the new movie this time 'round.

So Indoraptors coming to a River Journey near you, just in time for the new film's release?
..I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to miss out on having something new that ties into the new movie this time 'round.

If they replace the raptors at USH with them, I will be fine as they are way too stiff (and that one of them is missing).

All I'd hope if that's the case, is that they update the Dilo's in the process to be more smooth and likelike in movement.

I'm not one to open spoilers, but my mind always goes to...'it is always good to keep Stephen happy'. I have no clue what UNI made off of JW...but he has always been on UOR's payroll....and people keep talking about ET...and I keep thinking they have to do something somewhere....

Spielberg & Frank Marshall wanted a coaster in JW and in JP IOA + a practical Gyrosphere ride. Coaster never made it into the film, so I doubt it's a priority, and if the Gyrosphere ride happens now it'll be all screens.

Only thing I have a solid line on is CTC working on JPRA update. If I had to guess, expect the Indominus to make an appearance, and expect certain AA's to get film accurate upgrades.

I really do hope to get a cool surprise though, and see that Amber Mine coaster resurface... through in some Dino AA's and a volcanic eruption theme and they're set.

Spielberg & Frank Marshall wanted a coaster in JW and in JP IOA + a practical Gyrosphere ride. Coaster never made it into the film, so I doubt it's a priority, and if the Gyrosphere ride happens now it'll be all screens.

Only thing I have a solid line on is CTC working on JPRA update. If I had to guess, expect the Indominus to make an appearance, and expect certain AA's to get film accurate upgrades.

I really do hope to get a cool surprise though, and see that Amber Mine coaster resurface... through in some Dino AA's and a volcanic eruption theme and they're set.

New film has coaster based on set pics

Status
Not open for further replies.