Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend Insider said it best to me last week concerning what's coming up and why the backing away from attractions Universal signaled was coming soon (example SLOP). He said Universal Execs & Universal Creative are like kids in a candy store. They have so much to choose from that they change their minds on what to build from moment to moment.....So stay tuned. Same Bat time. Same Bat Channel. But programming is subject to change daily. :) ;)

With all the crap hitting last year like Secret Life being a billion, DWA being acquired, and the plot next to I-Drive being added, it makes sense that they held off on moving foward, especially when you think that they had to atleast re-evaluate what to do.

And I'm not surprised if that's what Hollywood did too, especially with what could come to that park in particular.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If I had to guess, I think a Jurassic World ride might replace the Triceratops Encounter plot, maybe also Camp Jurassic. My gut tells me Site B won't get a Jurassic World land, and I don't see them changing the theme of the entire Jurassic Park island to Jurassic World.

Here is the thing. You can keep IOA Jurassic Park, as "Jurassic Park." But, it's an run down looking, more waste-looking Jurassic Park, as it would be set 20 year's after, similar to what was shown.

They can easily keep the IOA land Jurassic Park centered and have the Jurassic World theme as a land for the Southern Property.

But, it's an run down looking, more waste-looking Jurassic Park, as it would be set 20 year's after, similar to what was shown.
I really don't think that is going to happen. You're supposed to somehow make your way onto a fully-functioning boat ride in the middle of all that? You're eating in restaurants in a run-down, abandoned park? You just idly explore a dilapidated Discovery Center with none of the exhibits working? No. Creative idea, but I think it is far from being a feasible one. I'm sure the majority of people want to see the iconic Jurassic Park the way most people remember it, as it is in the iconic movie.

I really don't think that is going to happen. You're supposed to somehow make your way onto a fully-functioning boat ride in the middle of all that? You're eating in restaurants in a run-down, abandoned park? You just idly explore a dilapidated Discovery Center with none of the exhibits working? No. Creative idea, but I think it is far from being a feasible one. I'm sure the majority of people want to see the iconic Jurassic Park the way most people remember it, as it is in the iconic movie.

Considering that right next to Jurassic Park is a Temple village in the 1900's, surrounded with a lush jungle that is filled with worms, bats, dinosaurs, and Kong's; they could theoretically do that.

That, or just turn the entire current Jurassic Park area to a Singapore "Lost World" esque land.

Considering that right next to Jurassic Park is a Temple village in the 1900's, surrounded with a lush jungle that is filled with worms, bats, dinosaurs, and Kong's; they could theoretically do that.
That is a totally different context, that is a wild environment that you're taking an expedition to. Ye olde Jurassic Park as portrayed in Jurassic World is part of corporate-owned, very tightly controlled land. The Maserati Corporation or whatever it was in the movie isn't going to be giving guided tours of this dangerous area, much less letting guests roam free. You don't see Disney showing people around River Country these days, even though some people would love that.

Think of it this way, you are average Joe who bought your ticket to Adventure Island, the park with all the roller coasters and Harry Potter Land. You go wandering around the park, you don't know the intricate backstories of all these islands, you walk through a big dilapidated Jurassic Park gate into a run-down park, you're going to think "wtf they're really not taking care of this place" not magically intuit "oh it's the run-down Jurassic Park from a couple of Jurassic Worlds ago."

Martin mentioned over on Magic that Universal has "grand plans" for Jurassic Park (as well as Marvel Super Hero Island). He said one island they're just taking sweet time with, and the other they understandably have a more long-term plan for. I'm guessing Jurassic Park is the one they're intentionally developing long-term since they have the additional movies coming out.

So basically don't expect anything in either of these lands any time soon. Got it! ;)

So...Avatar then?

Think of it this way, you are average Joe who bought your ticket to Adventure Island, the park with all the roller coasters and Harry Potter Land. You go wandering around the park, you don't know the intricate backstories of all these islands, you walk through a big dilapidated Jurassic Park gate into a run-down park, you're going to think "wtf they're really not taking care of this place" not magically intuit "oh it's the run-down Jurassic Park from a couple of Jurassic Worlds ago."
I don't necessarily think that happens too much. We, as a community, sometimes undercut the knowledge of people outside the community. IMO, the people who go to Magic Kingdom and ask where Harry Potter is are a small minority. Theme park vacations are expensive and most people treat them as such. They do research (maybe not as much as we do...), look for bargains, and generally have a vague idea what's happening. They appreciate good theming and all that.

Also, dilapidated doesn't mean it'll look run-down. Universal has gotten really good at making things look weathered when need be. The major theme park chains have shown that they can build things that are run-down but still look respectable.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
At the end of the day, and no offense to Jurassic World's billion dollars, but Jurassic Park is timeless. To quote Lowery in Jurassic World, "That first park was legit! You know, I have a lot of respect for it."

And most guests walking around the park I see are wearing a Jurassic Park shirt, not a Jurassic World shirt, despite them also being sold at the parks. Even the character Lowery is wearing a "Park" shirt in the film. We wouldn't have the "world" without the original "park." So, I don't see Universal re-theming JP as JW any time soon.

Now, if by some miracle the next JW sequels somehow manage to become more famous or better than the original, which Terminator 2 may be the only example of that happening ever, then yes, they may retheme it a decade from now. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

hmmmm set pics from new film reveal coaster...

While that is interesting, I'm not sure I want to have JW2 spoilers visible when I'm looking at a thread. Can you use the spoiler BB code for posts like this? I almost unsubscribed from the Jurassic Park subreddit until they started using the spoiler tag. It would be appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: Coasted
Might be sections of old track they run a camera rig on?

There is no old B&M track. All B&M's but one are still standing. Looking at it closer, it's not standard B&M. The spine is narrower plus a couple other things I'm seeing. Either someone did a cheaper replica of B&M or they went to B&M and said we need cheap track for this movie(whether its just for camera rigs or not IDK), and they just made a reduced quality version.

There is no old B&M track. All B&M's but one are still standing. Looking at it closer, it's not standard B&M. The spine is narrower plus a couple other things I'm seeing. Either someone did a cheaper replica of B&M or they went to B&M and said we need cheap track for this movie(whether its just for camera rigs or not IDK), and they just made a reduced quality version.
It's definitely not for a camera rig, there's much simpler ways to do that. Seeing how it's intentionally looking aged I'd say it's for a background set piece.

Reactions: Joel
While that is interesting, I'm not sure I want to have JW2 spoilers visible when I'm looking at a thread. Can you use the spoiler BB code for posts like this? I almost unsubscribed from the Jurassic Park subreddit until they started using the spoiler tag. It would be appreciated, thanks!

I feel your pain. There have been a surprising amount of spoiler-y set photos leaking from this production for some reason.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.