Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

It's a Small World

Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
Touring plans posted this on twitter.

CL7BtoCUsAAjl2V.jpg

Apparently the piniatas are new... ?

Regardless, a hung ceiling in a theme park attraction is a bit 1970's don't you think. Making matters worse, it is a hung ceiling with missing panels! As I recall, POTC has a hung ceiling too...

People talk about bad show on here, so I thought I would point it out. :)

Regardless, a hung ceiling in a theme park attraction is a bit 1970's don't you think. Making matters worse, it is a hung ceiling with missing panels! As I recall, POTC has a hung ceiling too...

That whole ride is a bit 1970s. I'm pretty sure they have done next to zero changes to it since it was originally installed (other than the renovation of the 'goodbye' scene where screens were installed and yet have never been uncovered).

The whole ride needs to be renovated with Disney characters like in DisneyLand just to make it more relevant and to fix some really ugly portions of the ceiling.

As John Belushi & gang (Dressed in rat suits) sang in their Mickey Mouse Club song spoof on Saturday Night Live .( sung to the tune of MIC KEY MOUSE)....."R ..I.. C .. K.. E ..Y.. R.. A.. T, RICKEY RAT, WHY?, BECAUSE WE'RE RATS".....As Stan Lee would say, "nuff said". :bolt:

The grandness of Pirates and IASW is lost without the ceiling as is. Now the panels missing is a different issue. To my point though, go ride Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot and tell me that the scale isn't lost by having lowed ceilings (and of course a shortened ride). The scale is completely off in that ride because you are so close to the set pieces and they are so large in such a (comparatively) small space.

I'm sorry Pirates and IASW aren't fancy new E-tickets that have SCREENZ and 3d Glasses. If you can't appreciate the scale of a ride like Pirates and IASW, then that's too bad. It's certainly something I would love to see modern day UC take a shot at to see what they could come up with.

This, however, did not deserve a new thread.

To my point though, go ride Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot and tell me that the scale isn't lost by having lowed ceilings (and of course a shortened ride).

Who said anything about a "lowed" ceiling? I certainly did not. How presumptuous...

I was intending that the ceiling should be torn out and the trusses and roof covering be painted black and lights mounted to that creating a black hole of theatrics and mystery as newer attractions have.

Regarding this new thread, everyone in charge of this website seems to want more discussion about Disney. IASW did not have a general purpose thread at all and as a historic classic in the industry, I felt it deserved one. As you can see by the generic title, this is intended as that thread.

I was intending that the ceiling should be torn out and the trusses and roof covering be painted black and lights mounted to that creating a black hole of theatrics and mystery as newer attractions have.
That is not what you said though. I agree to an extent, however I think this would work for pirates (i'm still not sure both rides have the same ceiling... I never notice the ceiling in Pirates, so it may actually be different). I think when it comes to IASW (or Pirates), the Ceiling has nothing to do with it, it's all about the lighting in the ride. If it wasn't so bright in there, you'd never look up. And that can be fixed fairly easily without major mountings even.

...I'm sorry Pirates and IASW aren't fancy new E-tickets that have SCREENZ and 3d Glasses. If you can't appreciate the scale of a ride like Pirates and IASW, then that's too bad. It's certainly something I would love to see modern day UC take a shot at to see what they could come up with...

If you don't mind me saying, I thought this was an IASW thread / unbiased forum rather than an anti-UOR forum?

The vast scale and internal intricate detail inside each of Diagonal Alley, Hogwarts Castle, HExpress stations and IASW/POTC show that WDW and UOR are both amazingly creative to the benefit of us all.

Back to IASW topics - I bumped this thread re above reference to 'new screens in goodbye room' - rode IASW on Tuesday, does anyone know how names on these new screens are selected?

Do they use Magic Band GPS or are do they randomly select from those who scan in at start of the queue? Thx

Back to IASW topics - I bumped this thread re above reference to 'new screens in goodbye room' - rode IASW on Tuesday, does anyone know how names on these new screens are selected?

Do they use Magic Band GPS or are do they randomly select from those who scan in at start of the queue? Thx
You are correct, it is the Magic Bands that picks up the names.

Not sure why you felt the need quote a post I made over 1.5 years ago, though.