It Comes at Night | Inside Universal Forums

It Comes at Night

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 16, 2016
42.4347° N, 83.9850° W
So I heard that this movie was really good. The trailers I saw were interesting, and my sister was up to see it.
I watched it today. Nothing can really prepare you for the trip (or experience) that is this movie.
First of all, each performance is fantastic. There was not a moment when I didn't see them as the character they were playing. The shining star was Joel Edgarton, who I knew was gonna be good.
Now, I don't want to ruin the movie, but I just want to state it was one of the most shocking and tense movies I have seen. I have watched TONS of movies. Good, bad, fantastic, and horrible movies. This was something else. After it was all over, everyone in the theater said nothing. No clapping, no talking, nothing. No one even got up. The entire theater was sat, minds stuck on what had unfolded.
I have honestly never been left speechless. But this movie left me more than speechless. I just couldn't wrap my head around what I had watched. As I walked from the theater to the car, I just felt blank.
But, it's not a negative. I love that this movie left me speechless. It earns so much respect from me because of the reaction.
I highly advise that you watch It Comes at Night. It has beautiful cinematography (the style is sort of like Wes Anderson's at some parts, very straight, still, and symmetrical shots), great acting, and some good scares.