How Would You Rearrange Universal Orlando? | Inside Universal Forums

How Would You Rearrange Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
This has been on my mind for a while so I thought I'd better make a post before I forget. Here's how I would rearrange the parks (Realism is out the window)

I'd switch Mummy and MIB around as I think it would make more sense to have MIB in NY and Mummy be its own thing, maybe it's own land.

I've always thought that Universal Studios should be real life locations, IOA is fantasy settings with real people and the 3rd gate would be all cartoon, computer animation and videogames.

I'd remove Shrek and create Far Far Away Land at the 3rd gate. It seems almost too perfect to have a movie that mocks Disney being fleshed out in Universal. I'd also do the same with Despicable Me and Simpsons and give them the treatment I think they deserve. This would also include Mario going to the 3rd gate.

I think Suess Landing is safe but Toon Lagoon would need to go. I'm not sure for a replacement but probably something kid friendly.

I'm sure I've had more ideas but I'll post them as I think them up.

What would you rearrange?

Since USF is suppose to give the feel of Hollywood Backdrop, I would say to lose some of the realism and go on with bigger and elaborate sets as it would feel on an actual soundstage. I get the soundstage aspect but not all stages are outdoor so build up more outdoor sets.

Get rid of the nightclub and make it a live music venues.

USF biggest problem is its very disjointed visually and some of the set design is so generic compared to London. Fix that first.

I think the keep this thread cohesive, we have to just focus on rearranging what is existing, right? Otherwise, we could just blue sky this thing into oblivion.

I agree with you about the mummy and MiB switching- both rides I'd want to keep.
I'd move T2 and ET- knowing the fate of ET, so that it would be the fate of T2 instead and we kept ET :)

I'd switch Skull island and lost continent as well so that there is greater expansion ideas if you had LC and TL right next to each other. I also agree with @BriMan about moving minions to TL if the end game is for TL to be an illumination area.

Outside of those, I think it all works. I'd love a complete redo of the entrance and Shrek to die- of course kidzone, fear factor and dragon challenge can be flattened also to make room for Nintendo, HP part 3 and HP4.

But as far as rearranging, that would be good. They have it pretty decent as is.

I think rearranging at WDW would be a MUCH larger list of ideas.

Reactions: maroonmol
Thinking about it, for USF i'd do..

Entrance/Hollywood:
  • The Entrance is reconfigured and overhauled to be more similar to the way it's handled at Universal Studios Hollywood (arch pushed back, full on security handled just like it is at Hollywood with a sleek design)
  • A overhaul of the entrance land to match more similar to Universal Blvd at Hollywood and Hollywood from Osaka and Singapore
  • Destroy Rockit/DMMM for a high capacity family dark ride with little height requirement
  • Destroy the current Shrek theater/Hello Kitty Store/backstage facilities and have a more open aired plaza for use whenever
  • T23D and Horror Make Up is shut down for Fast and Furious Supercharged (The facades stay up, but the buildings behind them go down)
  • Hollywood Bowl stays but is overhauled to be further back and allowing more capacity to sit and watch concerts
New York:
  • Add more to the Race Through New York facade (more facades on it on the side facing the Bowl)
  • Mummy is removed for an indoor spinning TMNT based coaster (based off of the modern animated show)
  • The facade for Transformers receives a massive overhaul with a new aesthetic theme to resemble an old new York power plant
  • Secret Life of Pets is installed replacing Louies and other buildings next to it and the Mummy SS
Springfield:
  • The Foodcourt is more similar in how it is handled at Hollywood with two floor seating and themed seating rooms
Kidzone:
  • Everything is bulldozed for SNW (even ET)
  • There would be three entrances to the land, one from Hollywood, one from Springfield, and the current entrance now
  • Nintendo would focus primarily on Mario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi
Worlds Fair/London:
  • Engulf Men in Black & FFL to be rethemed under a new IP, uses similar technology as before but with new effects added into it
  • FFL = Ministry
San Francisco:
  • Move Despicable Me to re-theme San Francisco
  • Despicable Me Minion Mayhem is similar to the Hollywood counterpart with double capacity, SSFL, and a new family roller coaster
  • Highly themed and interactive spots with characters from the films
  • Additional Illumination (Sing, sure) themed show to add capacity
  • Get rid of the buildings to allow more space for the lagoon
Lagoon:
  • New various viewing points
  • Removal of the bridge connecting London and Springfield
  • Replace Cinespec with a much larger scale World of Color style show

Move FFL into a garbage can

Oh, and the front entrance:
What Bri-Man said, but I would put in a Great Movie Ride type attraction themed to Universal movies and including scenes from some attractions that have closed, JAWS, Kong, ET....I mean, Earthquake

Assuming you mean the entire resort:

Transportation
For Starters I'd have my entrance for parking be upgraded.

Moving onto the parking garages, if possible upgrade those as well or re-build at least one wit updated technology. They work now sure,Universal is becoming bigger and will need to be more accessed.Keep things up to date just for kicks.

Change the parking signage to current resort representations. (Removing Jaws from the parking)

Update resort signage. More led lights and colors so people know where they are going.

Improve transportation drop off so vehicles do not have to back up.

City Walk
Renovate AMC. My favorite of course but, Not as nice as Disney Springs, sorry. Maybe even add a forks and screens.

Add a Universal/FunZone. Something Disney Quest like but with the Dreamworks/Illumination Characters .
Add bowling or lazer tag/escape room. Much like the mini gold, it can be well themed.

Waterfront restaurant. Either fine dining or casual with a performance stage/dance floor.

Implement a kids area. Much of the parks is already anti-children (Just joking) but having something where parents don't have to pay would be amazing in city walk with all the colors, noises, and action.

Add more seating areas and benches.

USF
Remove Mummy Ride and replace it with new Men In Black Shooter/Arcade ride.

Retheme Rockit.

Move entire Menion Mayhem ride to Men In Black area and give it a mini land next to Springfield

Menion and Shreck area gets re-worked to be your new Universal-Through-Out-The-Years attraction featuring Universal Original content and new content from today. (Think GMR)

Add more Waterfront eating/restaurant. They should take advantage of it it's beautiful.

Add a water attraction. I loveIOA but hate going there just to get wet and cool off then come back.

Rid of Animal Actors, ET, and all that follows that colorful path behind for Nintendo.

Find a way to make the Hogwarts Express Entrance/Exit go into Diagon (Unless it's not supposed too?)

Add ride attraction to Diagon. One ride attraction is abysmal for such a grand themed area.

Rid of Hollywood theme, completely re-do entrance and front of park.

IOA
(Dont Kill Me) Remove entire Marvel presence and replace with something they actually own.

Remove entire lost continent.

Remove entire toon lagoon.

Remove Dragon Challenge/Flying Unicorn and re-work Hogwarts express to drop of in front of Hogwarts (Unless it's supposed to be the way it is, I do not actually know but the drop of locations do seem odd for something called Hogwarts express).

Lakefront restaurant replacement of Mythos (Dont kill me )

Add Jurassic Park attraction.

Remove or rebuild/update Jurassic Park Discovery center/restaurant.

Add Suess attraction or characters to be in suess land, more suess trees, houses, it's just bare.

Re-Work Jurassic Park pathway from toon Lagoon (removing Popeye)

Conclusion
But I actually like Universal Orlando the way it is as a visitor. I do hope they continue to improve and provide top line attractions.

Assuming you mean the entire resort:

Transportation
For Starters I'd have my entrance for parking be upgraded.

Moving onto the parking garages, if possible upgrade those as well or re-build at least one wit updated technology. They work now sure,Universal is becoming bigger and will need to be more accessed.Keep things up to date just for kicks.

Change the parking signage to current resort representations. (Removing Jaws from the parking)

Update resort signage. More led lights and colors so people know where they are going.

Improve transportation drop off so vehicles do not have to back up.

City Walk
Renovate AMC. My favorite of course but, Not as nice as Disney Springs, sorry. Maybe even add a forks and screens.

Add a Universal/FunZone. Something Disney Quest like but with the Dreamworks/Illumination Characters .
Add bowling or lazer tag/escape room. Much like the mini gold, it can be well themed.

Waterfront restaurant. Either fine dining or casual with a performance stage/dance floor.

Implement a kids area. Much of the parks is already anti-children (Just joking) but having something where parents don't have to pay would be amazing in city walk with all the colors, noises, and action.

Add more seating areas and benches.

USF

Retheme Rockit.

Move entire Menion Mayhem ride to Men In Black area and give it a mini land next to Springfield

Menion and Shreck area gets re-worked to be your new Universal-Through-Out-The-Years attraction featuring Universal Original content and new content from today. (Think GMR)

Add more Waterfront eating/restaurant. They should take advantage of it it's beautiful.

Add a water attraction. I loveIOA but hate going there just to get wet and cool off then come back.

Rid of Animal Actors, ET, and all that follows that colorful path behind for Nintendo.

Find a way to make the Hogwarts Express Entrance/Exit go into Diagon (Unless it's not supposed too?)

Add ride attraction to Diagon. One ride attraction is abysmal for such a grand themed area.

Rid of Hollywood theme, completely re-do entrance and front of park.

IOA
(Dont Kill Me) Remove entire Marvel presence and replace with something they actually own.

Remove entire lost continent.

Remove entire toon lagoon.

Remove Dragon Challenge/Flying Unicorn and re-work Hogwarts express to drop of in front of Hogwarts (Unless it's supposed to be the way it is, I do not actually know but the drop of locations do seem odd for something called Hogwarts express).

Lakefront restaurant replacement of Mythos (Dont kill me )

Add Jurassic Park attraction.

Remove or rebuild/update Jurassic Park Discovery center/restaurant.

Add Suess attraction or characters to be in suess land, more suess trees, houses, it's just bare.

Re-Work Jurassic Park pathway from toon Lagoon (removing Popeye)

Conclusion
But I actually like Universal Orlando the way it is as a visitor. I do hope they continue to improve and provide top line attractions.

So what your saying is to bulldoze IOA? XD

Mummy is removed for an indoor spinning TMNT based coaster (based off of the modern animated show)

You are now tied with Trump at the top of my "most hated people" list.

Three-way tie.

It's supposed to be like this, King's Cross station isn't inside Diagon Alley. King's Cross is a muggle-world station, Diagon Alley is a wizarding-world area.

See above.

USF just needs its entrance fixed. I'd build up the side entrance into the park so that the real entrance and plaza could be taken offline for a couple years.

I'd bulldoze all of Animation Courtyard, HRRR, the arena and maybe the Hollywood section. From there, USF needs a proper entry street. The lagoon would act as the perfect "weenie" to draw people towards.

My two biggest ones are expanding Marvel into the carnival games area and amphitheater for some kind of thrill ride. An Iron Man launch coaster was thrown around on the rumor mill a few years back.

I've also been advocating for them to knock down Dragon Challenge and just build a single coaster. It's almost pointless to keep it without the dueling trains. Sounds like it's in the pipeline though.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Replace one of the SF resturants with an interactive jaws inspired Dine and show resturant. I wouldn't want to destroy the SF area, but keep Lombard landing which is vey iconic in SF and take out the one next to it replacing it with a jaws themed resturant. It would match with the only other amitty building in that area and it would be a nice homage to the old attraction. Some really nice sea food, but nothing too fancy. Just some fish sandwiches and other little stuff. While your eating, when you look out into the lake you would see.... A fin roaming. An actor would pull off the dock with a small boat and the basis of the show would summerize the ending of jaws. A small little show that would just add detail to the area and would enhance the SF area.

Reactions: maroonmol
View attachment 3733 View attachment 3734
Replace one of the SF resturants with an interactive jaws inspired Dine and show resturant. I wouldn't want to destroy the SF area, but keep Lombard landing which is vey iconic in SF and take out the one next to it replacing it with a jaws themed resturant. It would match with the only other amitty building in that area and it would be a nice homage to the old attraction. Some really nice sea food, but nothing too fancy. Just some fish sandwiches and other little stuff. While your eating, when you look out into the lake you would see.... A fin roaming. An actor would pull off the dock with a small boat and the basis of the show would summerize the ending of jaws. A small little show that would just add detail to the area and would enhance the SF area.
Remove F&F, replace with JAWS