Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Homes for Sale @ Four Seasons

Four Seasons now selling homes at Walt Disney World starting at $5 million - Inside the Magic

And in today's crazy Disney news, the Four Seasons is now selling $5 million+ homes in Disney World. Because, apparently, Golden Oak's $2 million+ just didn't cut it.

I would love nothing more than to meet somebody who buys one of these.
Living about 20 minutes from WDW, I know quite a few people who own homes in Golden Oak... good friends to have ;)

If you have the money to blow though, these are some great houses.

Four Seasons now selling homes at Walt Disney World starting at $5 million - Inside the Magic

And in today's crazy Disney news, the Four Seasons is now selling $5 million+ homes in Disney World. Because, apparently, Golden Oak's $2 million+ just didn't cut it.

I would love nothing more than to meet somebody who buys one of these.
I would just like to be adopted if the 25K a year covers the use of the amenities and is not just an entre vous. I I have to pay for them on top of the 5 mil for the home and 25K annual dues I will stay where I am thank you very much.

I have no couth or class and it shows

Living about 20 minutes from WDW, I know quite a few people who own homes in Golden Oak... good friends to have ;)

If you have the money to blow though, these are some great houses.
Totally fair if you don't want to answer, but what's the demographic like? Giant Disney fans who happen to be rich or just rich people with kids?

Totally fair if you don't want to answer, but what's the demographic like? Giant Disney fans who happen to be rich or just rich people with kids?
I mean, they like Disney and obviously rich to afford the house, but that wasn't their primary reasons for building a house there. These are people that were going to buy a multi-million dollar house in the area anyway and they ended up liking what Golden Oak offered. Other than being wealthier than average, they're pretty much just your normal family with kids that go to school in the area.

Orlando has a lot of new money and old money, but outside of anchoring a business empire, I cannot for the life of me think of any good reason for a well-off family to want to move to Orlando. You must really love the parks - because that's about all we've got going for us in 2017 (sadly). I can think of 20 other cities in Florida I'd build 5 million dollars worth of property in before I settled on Orlando.

Orlando has a lot of new money and old money, but outside of anchoring a business empire, I cannot for the life of me think of any good reason for a well-off family to want to move to Orlando. You must really love the parks - because that's about all we've got going for us in 2017 (sadly). I can think of 20 other cities in Florida I'd build 5 million dollars worth of property in before I settled on Orlando.
Orlando's growing by leaps and bounds right now. The US Census named it as one of the top 15 fastest growing cities (source: Fun, weather and jobs power Orlando population to new height - Orlando Sentinel There was an article I can't find that dug into the list more into depth and Orlando was the only real city on that list. The others were small towns where it doesn't take too many people for the population to double.

I mean, they like Disney and obviously rich to afford the house, but that wasn't their primary reasons for building a house there. These are people that were going to buy a multi-million dollar house in the area anyway and they ended up liking what Golden Oak offered. Other than being wealthier than average, they're pretty much just your normal family with kids that go to school in the area.
That's really interesting! I always figured they would be vacation homes. Never dawned on me that people would use them as their primary residence. Do they have school buses that go through Golden Oak and the like?

Orlando is faced with one of the most severe affordable-housing shortages in the nation. The rents are really high in our community right now because there is such a strong demand. The growth isn't middle or higher income brackets - it's minimum wage employees. Few places in the country have enough rentals for income-challenged residents but Orlando’s shortage is twice as severe as the rest of the nation’s.

Which (again) has me wondering, aside from the parks or anchoring business in the area, why a well-to-do family would pack up and build in this market.

One of those Winters might be nice, garden, haven... horse country I think they call it? I agree that I would never want a home on Disney property... any kind of home. 20-120 minutes away keeps the parks somewhat special.

One of those Winters might be nice, garden, haven... horse country I think they call it? I agree that I would never want a home on Disney property... any kind of home. 20-120 minutes away keeps the parks somewhat special.
I live in an "equestrian" community - not as grand as it sounds but at least I can't see in my neighbor's windows. I can't see having horses cause they - ya know- eat like a horse. 90 minutes from Uni so it is a good distance. Closer to west coast than to the parks

I knew some people who bought some pretty decent houses in the area on park employee salaries. They had pretty low taxes too. Is there a huge divide in renting vs buying?

I knew some people who bought some pretty decent houses in the area on park employee salaries. They had pretty low taxes too. Is there a huge divide in renting vs buying?

Houses can easily paint a different picture than reality.
How long a loan is, for what % of income, if a grandparent or parent is helping (or hell, paying for it)- I mean, married adults with families I know get allowances still, or get cell phones paid for- etc.

It's incredible to me how much pride our generation has lost to where they not only don't appreciate handouts, but some expect them.

Not saying that's those people- I guess I just felt like ranting for whatever reason. Maybe it's because my wife is premenstral and I'm taking the brunt of it here. :D

Winter Garden is closest to WDW... it's actually where I live. We have a really nice downtown area that reminds me of a small town in the middle of the country somewhere. The parks are also far enough away that they are still kept special (it's still a trek to get out to them).

I do see the occasional Universal or Magical Express bus roaming around though as Mears services the buses here. Also, our scrap yard gets used for theme park junk every now and then. Currently one of the old backlot tour trams is still sitting there.

Winter Haven is out where Legoland is.