Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hard Rock Hotel Renovation

We just got back from staying at the Hard Rock and usually stay there once or twice a year. The rooms have been getting updated for the past year and are very nice (and it was needed). We also noticed this time that most of the memorabilia has been replaced, primarily with newer artists material. I don't really like the new memorabilia, but I can see why they are doing it. For example, I believe in one area they replaced Aerosmith material with NSync (or some other band like that). In addition, the lobby area had a couple of murals that were repainted with different artists. They also added a large screen in the lobby that plays music videos through out the day. The music on the video screen also plays throughout the entire hotel, which is a nice touch. Overall its a good renovation that was very much needed.

Oh and we also stayed one night at Cabana Bay. I really like that resort but usually stay at HR for the Express passes. But for the value, CB is really a great resort to stay at.

I have a feeling this is probably well known here but I only found out the other day that the Hard Rock Hotel is partly based on the Hotel California album cover by the Eagles when viewed from the Hard Rock Cafe.

Hotelcalifornia.jpg

We just got back from staying at the Hard Rock and usually stay there once or twice a year. The rooms have been getting updated for the past year and are very nice (and it was needed). We also noticed this time that most of the memorabilia has been replaced, primarily with newer artists material. I don't really like the new memorabilia, but I can see why they are doing it. For example, I believe in one area they replaced Aerosmith material with NSync (or some other band like that). In addition, the lobby area had a couple of murals that were repainted with different artists. They also added a large screen in the lobby that plays music videos through out the day. The music on the video screen also plays throughout the entire hotel, which is a nice touch. Overall its a good renovation that was very much needed.

Can't wait to see pictures and video of that.

I should give the HRH another whirl soon. It was my least fave of the on-site properties but I still love it. Just haven't stayed in years.

The renovated rooms make quite a bit of difference. This was my least favorite of the resorts but has since moved up. I think that all the resorts are really close to neck and neck for me, just each has different pros.