Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Happily Ever After

So, is that Pocahontas and Mulan featured in this presentation? I never saw either film so just guessing. Too, what is the golden low voiced character at 14:35 saying "remember who you are..."? What film?

So, is that Pocahontas and Mulan featured in this presentation? I never saw either film so just guessing. Too, what is the golden low voiced character at 14:35 saying "remember who you are..."? What film?
Teebin, I'm disappointed in you. How could you not know who says "Remember who you are"?

THAT'S MUFASA FROM THE LION KING!

:)

I watched a video of the whole thing last week. I didn't see any segments featuring Pocahontas, but Mulan was featured.

I've seen it all three nights so far and every time I notice things I had not noticed before. I think the best part of this show is there is not one section that is better than the others. I loved wishes, but some parts of wishes were slow and did not capture my attention and every second of this show has you hooked.

I was more than pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this show. The wide variety of IPs used in this display, many underutilized within the parks today, was refreshing. The only part of the show I didn't enjoy was the Brave segment. I was also very pleasantly surprised at how little of Frozen they used.

Wishes was a fine show, but it was time for an update. It was mostly nostalgia people were hanging onto with that show.

I was more than pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this show. The wide variety of IPs used in this display, many underutilized within the parks today, was refreshing. The only part of the show I didn't enjoy was the Brave segment. I was also very pleasantly surprised at how little of Frozen they used.

Wishes was a fine show, but it was time for an update. It was mostly nostalgia people were hanging onto with that show.

Yeah, Disney really needs to stop trying to make Fetch happen with Brave. But agreed on Frozen, the version of Love is an Open Door was actually really tasteful and appropriate.

I'm just happy they finally used some of their underrated 90's renaissance movies. Hunchback alone was an incredible surprise, but Mulan and even a bit of Hercules? That's just fantastic.

Well, we were at MK all day Tuesday and our plan was to grab a good spot to catch this show. We had a great one on the back end of the hub right around the bridge, but a huge storm rolled in and they postponed the show. Luckily we stuck it out hitting PotC and Pan while the park emptied out and we heard the show was starting just as we got off Pan.

My kids have only ever know Wishes and my daughter was crushed when she was there to see the final show. All three of them absolutely raved about how great HEA was and all the IPs they were able to incorporate into the show. We really liked it and will definitely be catching it again when we go back in August.

On the other hand, no one really cared for the SW show at HS. I don't know if it was the subject matter or the overuse of projections but it just was not that exciting and we actually left before it was over.

Well, we were at MK all day Tuesday and our plan was to grab a good spot to catch this show. We had a great one on the back end of the hub right around the bridge, but a huge storm rolled in and they postponed the show. Luckily we stuck it out hitting PotC and Pan while the park emptied out and we heard the show was starting just as we got off Pan.

My kids have only ever know Wishes and my daughter was crushed when she was there to see the final show. All three of them absolutely raved about how great HEA was and all the IPs they were able to incorporate into the show. We really liked it and will definitely be catching it again when we go back in August.

On the other hand, no one really cared for the SW show at HS. I don't know if it was the subject matter or the overuse of projections but it just was not that exciting and we actually left before it was over.
The problem with the SW projection/fireworks show is it is a singular IP-based show. Instead of showing off a variety of LucasFilm, Pixar, Muppets, Walt Disney Animation, etc, etc, the show demands you actually care about SW.

Even then, the show is much more projection reliant than HEA, which mean if you don't have a spot within the hub, there's no way you're seeing that show properly. All told, the previous SW fireworks were much more appealing to a wide audience as they were great fireworks whether you liked SW or not.

The problem with the SW projection/fireworks show is it is a singular IP-based show. Instead of showing off a variety of LucasFilm, Pixar, Muppets, Walt Disney Animation, etc, etc, the show demands you actually care about SW.

Even then, the show is much more projection reliant than HEA, which mean if you don't have a spot within the hub, there's no way you're seeing that show properly. All told, the previous SW fireworks were much more appealing to a wide audience as they were great fireworks whether you liked SW or not.

Exactly, the last fireworks for star wars (galactic something I believe) was an INSANE amount of pyro. By far the best fireworks show I've ever seen.