Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So is it supposed to be Vamp '74?
That's supposed to be the "Vampire" house.

Can we stop calling it Vamp 74. That's not what it was ever going to be called.

yes. supposedly a vampire maze with conjuring like aesthetics
I'm pretty disappointed about the conjuring being swapped but I understand why. It'll be fun to see what you can recognize from the conjuring like with the scream\purge situation. But other than the Nun from 2 the demons from the conjuring weren't particularly scary looking so hopefully the vampire designs will be terrifying.

I think the biggest thing I'll be sad about missing is the score from the conjuring. That soundtrack chills my bones.

Reactions: HHNManics
That picture looks veryyyyy much like Lair of the Banshee to me. Also isn't that in a odd position related to the tent?
It's definitely not where a facade would traditionally be. Typically the facade for that tent is always a mystery because it faces away from the park. Who knows though. That house is going to be hard to decipher until it's announced.

All that is, is one of the set pieces for Lair of the Banshees. It's just being stored back there currently along with some dead trees and fencing. Nothing to see here...

All I want is more announcements, last year by this time we had the icon, one scare zone, and a couple of houses announced if I am correct.
By this time last year 3 Mazes were announced being TCM, Exorcist, and TWD. 4 if you want to count the Chance House not being fully announced. One Scare Zone being Chance's Zone.
And Chance was announced as Icon.

So last year by now
- 3 Mazes (4 If you include Chance)
- 1 Scare Zone (Kind of)
- 1 Icon

And now...
- 2 Mazes

Last edited:
Reactions: Thiago
By this time last year 3 Mazes were announced being TCM, Exorcist, and TWD. 4 if you want to count the Chance House not being fully announced. One Scare Zone being Chance's Zone.
And Chance was announced as Icon.

So last year by now
- 3 Mazes (4 If you include Chance)
- 1 Scare Zone (Kind of)
- 1 Icon

And now...
- 2 Mazes

So what is the reason, Mr. Info?

Reactions: Legacy
So what is the reason, Mr. Info?
Probably Hollywood.

So my biggest guess is that Orlando will have their big Original Reveal in August with Bayou, Catacombs/Gothic Crossover, Vampire, and Scarecrow along with Shows and Scare Zones. But the reason why announcements are slowing down is because of Hollywood.

You guys have 3 more IPs to announce being Blumhouse, Ash Vs Evil Dead, and Saw. Hollywood's Next Announcement is rumored to be Insidious. See Insidious will be in the Blumhouse Mashup for you guys while we get a seperate Insidious Maze along with the Blumhouse Mashup (Which won't include Insidious).

Saw hasn't had a Trailer yet nor teaser so I would say that could be announced August. Blumhouse could be announced Mid July. And Ash Vs Evil Dead I predict will be announced at SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) Which is July 20th through 23rd.

Hollywood likes to take their time and I'm guessing this year that they are REALLY taking their time.

Reactions: snayberry
I think it may be a situation where they either A) don't think they need announce anything or B ) don't think what they have is "worth" such an early announcement. Here's what I mean:

A - The announcements aren't for fans. That should go without saying, but the purpose of the announcement is to drive sales of vacation packages. The AHS announcement (the big get) being so early gets the biggest draw public. Now, if last year saw no real uptick in sales in June then they may choose to save the announcements for July and August when sales likely surge. They may also be relying on VB to push packages so its own marketing isn't "tainted" by HHN (it gives a more accurate view of what works).

B - They've announced AHS. They've announced The Shining. Compared to last year, the rest of the IPs are fairly ho-hum. A Blum-house, as a compilation, is a difficult to "market" entity because it's a jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none. Ash really the Evil Dead is an intentional misdirect for a niche show and can't really market itself as the cult classic status it would benefit from. Saw hasn't had a release trailer or started building any hype. The Originals don't get individual announcements. Aside from acknowledging that the houses exist, there's nothing really screaming out as "huge" from a marketing perspective that really warrants a lot this "far" out.

And the fact that an icon hasn't been announced yet basically confirms it's unlikely a returning character. A new character would get announced in August with the rest of the originals.

The last five years have proven one thing: you can't rely on the previous year for announcement schedule. It's entirely likely we get Evil Dead beginning of July, Saw end of July, Blumhouse beginning of August, everything else August 17th.

Relax and be happy we aren't getting midnight dumps on 31 August anymore.