Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

A few thoughts...

I suspect the ride experience will be terrestrial. We may be flying around in a fancy spaceship, but I think we'll be flying around Nova or Earth trying to defeat some baddies or get the macguffin.

I do think the most likely ride vehicle is the Nova Blaster thing seen outfront and ridden-in by Gamora and Starlord in the concept art of the presumed preshow.

Now, about his visit to Epcot - I think they could do the whole "omg, kill him as a child" plot and that'd be quirky and cute and we'd zoom around epcot to try and save him but I don't think that's the plot. I think it's just a small bit of information. Not meant to justify the whole experience. Like during the preshow he might mention having been there before or being excited about being back (Starlord is actually in Epcot's primary demographic).

My feeling is that Nova has set up some sort of recruitment facility on earth at Epcot.

The one in the preshow is Peter's ship the Milano.

That's been my guess. Creating a ride similar to Universal's Gringotts with screens and coaster elements.
GotG would fit that type of system really well too imo. However, is there any villains that they could use for the ride though? I think it's sort of the consensus that The Collector can't be used, so would it just be the zany antics of the Guardians then?

GotG would fit that type of system really well too imo. However, is there any villains that they could use for the ride though? I think it's sort of the consensus that The Collector can't be used, so would it just be the zany antics of the Guardians then?
By the time the ride comes out we could be looking at a third Guardians film coming to theaters. Since we see full size Groot in the concept art, my guess is the new attraction will pull themes from the upcoming film, just as Mission: Breakout pulled from Guardians 2 (Baby Groot, monsters they fight during the ride, etc.)

By the time the ride comes out we could be looking at a third Guardians film coming to theaters. Since we see full size Groot in the concept art, my guess is the new attraction will pull themes from the upcoming film, just as Mission: Breakout pulled from Guardians 2 (Baby Groot, monsters they fight during the ride, etc.)
Well to be fair, Groot in the art was shown in a M&G type setting, which full size Groot already does at DCA.

Nevertheless, I agree it will likely be based off GotG Vol. 3 more or less.

It appears to me that the Collector is connected with members of Avengers, having appearing in most of the Avenger-related comics since the 1960s. So as per 1994 contract, Disney World cannot use him for Epcot.

There are interactive children's museums and similar places focused on teaching children and adults about science and technology. There are consumer electronics and industry trade shows for various industries that talk about science and technology. There are still places that exhibit cultural artifacts and practices and others that exhibit architectural models. These all have some strong similarities to some aspects of EPCOT.

Children's museum - Wikipedia
List of children's museums in the United States - Wikipedia
Imaginarium - Wikipedia
Technology museum - Wikipedia
Category:Technology museums - Wikipedia
Category:Industry museums - Wikipedia
Arts centre - Wikipedia
Cultural center - Wikipedia
Exhibition of cultural heritage objects - Wikipedia
I am aware of all of those things, thank you. Those are all tiny components of what made EPCOT Center so epic and not the same thing at all.

I think people forget how awful Epcot was when it first opened...Going back would be a terrible idea

Nobody forgets that... because it wasn't true. I think when someone says EPCOT Center was awful or boring, that says more about the person saying that than it does the park itself.

I've been told the plot of the attraction is the Guardians go back in time to 80s Epcot to prevent bad guys from killing/taking hostage Peter. So it fits into "Epcot" as well as it does any other park around. Aka it's lazy.

My god. On the one hand, that is a huge kick in the crotch. On the other hand... I really want to ride that. :stun:

If this is actually true, this could have maybe been a great addition to the park if they had been properly updating Future World over the years, a great way to pay tribute to the opening years of EPCOT. But to have it replace a more-or-less original pavilion in a park that's been severely neglected for two decades is really kind of insulting.

When Future World gets its makeover, don't be surprised if the Future World name goes away.

They are trying to distance themselves from having to deal with the whole "future" concept, which needs constant updating.

I would expect this rebranding to happen in conjunction with the FW change... if it ends up happening.

It's Family Guy, the ride. It's a reference not an actual celebration of EPCOT Center. Could be in any park based on that.
GotG should've been the start of a Echo Lake redo at DHS, transforming it into a Superhero land and Mickey should've gone to Animation Courtyard, basically as an expansion.

But we rarely get what we should.

I feel like there's more going on than we know...

Epcot's leader just put out a memo asking the staff to reflect about what the park means to them and noted that it's -not a thrill park- and has a unique culture even among the Disney parks.

Then Epcot has its annual cast celebration soon... and the theme is 80's throwback.
Well, if the blue sky of Future World comes to fruition it will certainly breathe new life into the park