Future of France | Inside Universal Forums

Future of France

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 13, 2011
Tampa, FL
I figured this needed it's own thread.

There has been a lot of rumors and speculation that France in Epcot is getting the Ratatouille ride. What that entails for the existing pavilion remains to be seen, but the rumors say leaving much of it as-is is one of the options.

Meanwhile... Impressions de France is switching to a fixed show schedule with shows at :15 and :45 of the hour.

Which could reduce its hourly counts... and pave the way for justification of its closing. "Could.."

To be honest, I'm either drinking or waiting in test track's line while at Epcot so I'm not sure if I've ever seen the video. I plan on doing this exact thing this Friday when I'm there with some friends for my birthday.

Reactions: Quint
To be honest, I'm either drinking or waiting in test track's line while at Epcot so I'm not sure if I've ever seen the video. I plan on doing this exact thing this Friday when I'm there with some friends for my birthday.
That is how I roll as well, I may have seen it when it opened but I had a long gap from then to about 15 years ago with a few visits in the 90's to when I moved here so I know I haven't seen it in 15 years.

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy it. This attraction introduced me to the composer Camille Saint-Saëns. I've viewed the film as perfection from day one. Still, all good things...

I love this movie, and would really hate to see it go. I'll definitely agree that it is showing it's age, but its most memorable moments focus on landmarks and vistas that are arguably timeless. Mont St. Michel, the Alps, Notre Dame, all of these images are just as memorable and recognizable today as they were back in the 80's. The cinematography and score are beautifully, and the narration is pleasantly understated for a theme park film.

However....I get that this is just my opinion. I can't imagine many families are planning a trip to Epcot to watch this film. I just hope that they can find a way to add value to Epcot without having to gut yet another classic attraction.

I think it's an attraction that is enjoyable on its own for what it is and if they don't have to get rid of it then it really should stay.

It's not a crime to kill it off like Horizons and Imagination were, as we seem guaranteed a halfway decent replacement, but it'd be a shame when the park has so much other space to utilize.

I think it's an attraction that is enjoyable on its own for what it is and if they don't have to get rid of it then it really should stay.

It's not a crime to kill it off like Horizons and Imagination were, as we seem guaranteed a halfway decent replacement, but it'd be a shame when the park has so much other space to utilize.
Exactly.

It's not that Impressions is something so holy that it can't go or shouldn't be updated, but most of te plns for Rat initially had IDF being safe and really there's no reason it has to go as a whole.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can France afford the level of congestion that Rat will bring? Seems to me that they would need to open up the area a little bit more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can France afford the level of congestion that Rat will bring? Seems to me that they would need to open up the area a little bit more.
Rat is rumored for the expansion pad, so in most of the proposals, it would be more Anna and Elsa's meet 'n' greet than Frozen Ever After in terms of how it would affect the pavilion.

I love the France pavilion. It's one of the only places left in the park that doesn't feel like a bar hopping rats nest.

I'm also seeing rumors of a UK expansion including a ride? Have others heard this? Anyone think that deserves it's own thread?

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I kind of expect that Impressions de France is safe just because that would involve a lot more work taking it out or otherwise integrating it into the Ratatouille queue, and I just generally expect Disney to take the easy way out these days.

I'm also seeing rumors of a UK expansion including a ride? Have others heard this? Anyone think that deserves it's own thread?

It's been discussed a bit in "The State of Epcot" thread. The impression the rumors give is that this hypothetical attraction is probably going to be something very small-scale, so I'm not sure if the rumor warrants its own thread at this point. Maybe once we get some more definitive indications from insiders?

I kind of expect that Impressions de France is safe just because that would involve a lot more work taking it out or otherwise integrating it into the Ratatouille queue, and I just generally expect Disney to take the easy way out these days.

Disney's laziness may actually save us this time! We can only hope.

My thing is that even if the movie is too old-fashioned for people it's still just a nice thing for people to have just to sit down in air-conditioning for twenty minutes and have something a little slower paced to take a break from the crowds and heat outside.

I completely agree.

And the fact that it is old-fashioned is a plus for me, not a negative in any way.