Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Finally booked a Disney Cruise for March 2018

Jan 24, 2015
Basically our Spring Break. We'll fly into Tampa on Sat morning via Southwest (cheaper car and rapid rewards redemption) we'll hit Busch Gardens before heading over to Orlando that night or on Sunday. We'll stay at Cabana Bay and do at least 21/2 days at the Universal, IOA, and Volcano Bay. Stull stay at Uni while we do Discovery Cove and Sea World before heading for Canaveral on Fri to board the Dream for a 3 night. When we get back on Monday, we'll spend the day at Kennedy before heading back to Tampa for a Tuesday flight. We may fit in Animal Kingdom and Avatar on Monday night if it's open latar. I want to experience it at night with Avatar. May stay one night at the Lodge just to be able to fast pass Avatar to make best use of time.

Sounds cool! I've been on a couple Disney Cruises and they're super fun! Hope you enjoy the cruise in around 100 years from now!

Last edited:
You're going to have a blast! I've done 2 Disney cruises... 1 on the Dream and 1 on the Magic.. and they were both great. You'll get to see the new Beauty & the Beast show on the Dream as well.

I'm taking my first Disney Cruise in less than a month! A 3-night double-dip on the Fantasy, meaning it goes to Castaway Cay twice instead of any other ports. Super excited.

I kinda wish ours was that way. Nassau doen't excite me much and with us having Volcano Bay before the sailing, Atlantis seems ho hum and vastly overpriced and overrun with humans. There are some reports that it's falling in quality as well.

Reading up on MSC's new private Island maybe Disney will add some thing to Castaway.

I kinda wish ours was that way. Nassau doen't excite me much and with us having Volcano Bay before the sailing, Atlantis seems ho hum and vastly overpriced and overrun with humans. There are some reports that it's falling in quality as well.

Reading up on MSC's new private Island maybe Disney will add some thing to Castaway.
That's a shame about Atlantis, it does look like it has some cool stuff.

I do think there's a good chance Disney will expand their private island offerings.

I've tweaked my plans, my Mother decided she wants to tag along on the cruise and pay for her and the kids as their Christmas gift. My Wife and her get along great, plus that allows us to have a room to ourselves and allow us to do somethings as a couple(Remy). We got rooms 5020 and 5022, the split plans each with two seat portals and they connect. She will not be Orlando with us the entire trip though.

So,
Sat, fly in to Tampa, hit up Busch Gardens Sat afternoon and evening.

Sun, back to Busch Gardens if the kids want to do it some more but leave by 1pm. 2 pm hit up LEGOLAND till close. I have to get a photo with the Lego Southern Belle for a then and now thing since I got a pic with one back in 88. (you know, when Boardwalk and Baseball was open too). If the kids get their fill of Busch's rides on Sat, we'll open at Lego on Sun but I'm not down for more than 3 or 4 hrs. there. Either scenario has a quick stop at Fun Spot Kissimmee to ride the new woodie and then on to Cabana Bay for the night. We'll likely just chill there for the night.

Monday and Tues, Universal Parks, we'll get the fast passes at all 3 parks due to just having two days during Spring Break. Both nights at Cabana Bay.

Wenesday, we check out after three nights at Cabana Bay. We'll do Discovery Cove, the kids will do the Dolphin thing while us adults hang back and watch. Sometime around 2 to 4, I'll go pick up Mom at MCO, and we'll get checked in at Marriot's Lakeshore Reserve in a 2 br. (gives us some room and laundry). Me and the Kids will do something at Disney, SeaWorld, or the Eye and Fun Spot attractions for the night, and the women will tag along or hang at resort.

Thursday, we'll open SeaWorld, the women will do the shows and me and the kids will do rides and maybe a show. We were at SeaWorld San Antonio last year and it covered the Orcas, Azul Dolphins and Belugas, and Clyde and Seymore show. I don't think Aquatica will happen since Volcano Bay will be part of Uni, Anyhoo, mid afternoon. we'll all head to Animal Kingdom to see Avatar, night safari and the new Rivers of light. I have a feeling Mom will want to see Lion King We'll eat at Animal Kingdom.

Friday is cruise day, we'll take it easy and head to the coast around 11, eat at Titusville at Dixie Crossroads, the rock shrimp are good the rest is meh, but man those rock shrimp and royal reds, yum. get to the terminal

back on Monday morning, we'll head to Kennedy from the Port and spend around 3 to 4 hrs there and head to Disney, we got a night at Wilderness Bolder Ridge, we'll do the Magic Kingdom. (Mom hasn't been since 88) the kids will ride their greatest hits and I'll tag along and the women will shop till fireworks, they'll go back to the lodge and we'll close the place down.

Tues, check the luggage at the Lodge, Hit Epcot at open for 4 to 5 hrs. do the new Soarin' and Fast Track, Flight will not be till late afternoon,

Whew, that's it. the kids will get two extra spring break days due to the cruise timing, lucky them. Dad will start back to selling plasma and putting the woman out on the corner to pay for it all. (joking) We skipped Spring Break this year to double up on this and parts of this will be birthday and Christmas gifts.