Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite Drinking Spots

Galaxy Defender

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
What are your favorite spots to get an adult beverage at? I know there are many experts on the subject here. Pick any criteria you like. There is a list below of parks, entertainment districts and Resorts. You can just copy and paste to save time. The resort parks are combined, but EPCOT has its own listing since that park practically runs on alcohol. There is also a final listing for the Orlando area in general outside of the parks. A brief description of what made you pick each would be helpful.

If you are have trouble remembering any of the places you drink at you might consider AA meetings. If you are under 21 please move to a different thread.

The categories are
USF/IOA
CityWalk
UO Hotels
MK/DAK/DHS
EPCOT
Disney Springs
WDW Hotels
SW/BGT
Orlando area

Thirsty Fish at Portofino resort
Pat O'Brien's at Citi Walk
Bob Marley's at Citi Walk
Watering Hole in IOA Jurassic Park
Finnegan's in the Studio's
Morocco area in Epcot

USF: Finns!
IOA: Used to be Watering Hole now I guess Hogs Head?
CityWalk: Pat O's
UO Hotels: The only one that stands out is the Velvet Bar at Hard Rock Hotel. Don't really like Jake's at Royal Carribean, and Thirsty Fish at Portofino can be nice depending on the night
MK: Be Our Guest by default
DAK: I guess Dawa
DHS: Tune In Lounge
EPCOT: Tie between Mexico and UK
Disney Springs: Splitsville
WDW Hotels
Contemporary: Top of the World Bar, if not Bay Lake then The Wave
Wilderness Lodge: Territory Lounge
Poly: Trader Sam's
Beach Club/Yacht Club: Martha's Vineyard

USF: along the lagoon behind Duff brewery at those tables with umbrellas (awesome views of SF, Diagon Alley, and shade) OR a dragon scale from the Hopping Pot, sit down and watch people get water splashed on them
IOA: Confisco grill outdoor seating looking out at the lagoon
CityWalk: Pat O's if we have a group of friends drinking, otherwise outdoor Margaritaville seating by the plane
UO Hotels: Sapphire Falls' Strongwater Tavern
MK: never had a drink there (don't have patience for be our guest)
DAK: anywhere
DHS: Either Tune In Lounge or the commissary for a quick beer(i think it was called, the one by honey i shrunk the kids)
EPCOT: everywhere lol (although we ALWAYS get a gelato sandwich and a glass of prosecco in italy)

This is my kind of topic!

USF - Finnegan's! Great drinks, good music/atmosphere and friendly bartenders.
IOA - Backwater Bar, although I much prefer Finnegan's.
CityWalk - Fat Tuesday as I love grabbing a drink and hanging out in CityWalk before hitting the parks.
UO Hotels - I've been to Portofino and Royal Pacific but I haven't been blown away by the bars there. I'm more than willing to try again.
DAK - Thirsty River Bar (the bar near Everest) is a full-service bar with some pretty awesome frozen drinks too. So refreshing on a hot day.
DHS - It used to be High Octane and it is such a shame that this place had to go. The drinks were awesome (strong) and the bartenders there were great - there was rarely a long wait either because so many people would not notice its existence. The Tune-in Lounge (full-service bar connected to 50's Prime Time) just doesn't do it for me. I'm not into the decor or general theme at all (I just find it an odd fit as now the only full-service bar in the park) but it must be popular as the place is always packed.
EPCOT - Rose and Crown (UK pavilion) was home for me and I have a lot of happy memories serving the intoxicated folk of Epcot there, but to try not be so boring... I'll go with the Fife and Drum Tavern (American pavilion) just for the Red Stag Lemonade alone. It has changed a little in the past year or so but it is amazing!
Disney Springs - It's still Raglan Road for me - my regular haunt. Anywhere which has Rekorderlig is fine by me! I love the atmosphere. A close second would be the Hangar Bar - the place still feels so new to me which is pretty cool. Nice and friendly atmosphere there also.
WDW Hotels - Trader Sam's Grog Grotto - both in and outside. I love the cocktail that is essentially an alcoholic Dole Whip.
Orlando area - there are SO many. I used to love Howl at the Moon - a really fun atmosphere (if you haven't been, it's a less Disney and more rowdy version of Jellyrolls) but they stopped the drink specials they used to have and the place doesn't seem to fill up as much anymore. Rocco's Tacos is also definitely worth a visit.

USF. Finnigans
IOA. Backwater Bar
City Walk. Fat Tuesday
UO Hotels. Thirsty Fish
MK. Drinks?
DAK. Dawa Bar
DHS. Anywhere
Epcot. Rose and Crown. Make it a double
DS. Raglan Road
WDW Hotels. Victoria Falls at AKL
Orlando area. ???????

USF- Leaky as you can get lots of things to mix Fire Whiskey with.
IOA- Watering Hole
CityWalk- Grill Brew cuz I'm a beer snob.
UO Hotels- Jake's or Hideaway
DAK/DHS- The bar at Yak and Yeti, I'm not a Dawa fan
EPCOT- Rose & Crown, duh!
Disney Springs- Boathouse
WDW Hotels- Trader Sam's, duh!
Orlando area- any Ale House

I don't have favorite spot in particular. But I really enjoyed my Oktoberfest beer in Germany at Epcot a few weeks ago. It was my first time being in Epcot since I've been old enough to drink so I was looking forward to that.

In Universal, I love just relaxing by the pool at Royal Pacific with some Blue Moons. I don't really drink in the parks. But for the first time after all my years going, I took a look in Finnegans and it looks really neat. To be honest, I never really knew it existed until a few years ago