Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

That facade...

ibstf9edrq4uzn.gif

Yes, according to DH, if Kong would have replaced Disaster it would have basically been a duplicate of Hollywood, and not the very much plussed version IOA received.. . Kong is a positive for IOA in it's present form, a much needed primarily indoor family E ticket attraction.

I'm not sure what you could call Skull Island Reign of Kong ride "positive" nor an E-ticket attraction, as it has receive mixed reviews. Although it could be positive as a way of crowd control, the ride itself is not impressive, as it's more of a expansive clone from the Hollywood Tram Tour. Nothing beats the hell out of King Kong destroying parts of New York while the guests were evacuated via tram. Someday, King Kong will get the ride it totally deserves and not be treated as a filler as has been for the past decade.

I'm not sure what you could call Skull Island Reign of Kong ride "positive" nor an E-ticket attraction, as it has receive mixed reviews. Although it could be positive as a way of crowd control, the ride itself is not impressive, as it's more of a expansive clone from the Hollywood Tram Tour. Nothing beats the hell out of King Kong destroying parts of New York while the guests were evacuated via tram. Someday, King Kong will get the ride it totally deserves and not be treated as a filler as has been for the past decade.
Reign of Kong isn't an E ticket attraction? :rolleyes::huh::stun: C'mon. :lol:

Honestly, the only place I've seen mixed reviews for Kong is dedicated theme park forums. Everywhere else the reception for the ride is almost entirely positive. :rolleyes:

Doesn't Kong have mixed reception in guest satisfaction surveys? I know Fallon's reception is through the roof on surveys, but I'm pretty sure some users here have said Kong performs mixed.

Y'all are killing me. Kong is a $140 million attraction with a killer facade, an amazing queue, a state of the art ride system, and a 25' tall next generation Animatronic.

And @Paulio Kong is killing it on the guest surveys, and consistently has the longest wait times in the park. It's not only a "positive", but a full blown home run for the park.

Now back too F&F. It will be popular, but that will be more because of the IP.

And @Paulio

"I hope we never lose sight of one thing- It was ALL started by a big monkey on a tram tour"- Stephen Spielberg

Y'all are killing me. Kong is a $140 million attraction with a killer facade, an amazing queue, a state of the art ride system, and a 25' tall next generation Animatronic.

And @Paulio Kong is killing it on the guest surveys, and consistently has the longest wait times in the park. It's not only a "positive", but a full blown home run for the park.

And @Paulio

"I hope we never lose sight of one thing- It was ALL started by a big monkey on a tram tour"- Stephen Spielberg
This!!!:thumbsup: :cheers:

And @Paulio

While the description is true, the story kind of sucks and since that's the glue that holds it all together, it brings it down.

And @Paulio

Is that an actual quote from Spielberg?

And @Paulio

Everytime I've ridden the ride, I'd say there's more people saying "that's all" than raving about it. I'd like to see these guest surveys you're talking about. I think it's popular because it's a new ride, especially in a park that hasn't seen any new rides for 7 years now (excluding the Hogwarts Express).

Everytime I've ridden the ride, I'd say there's more people saying "that's all" than raving about it. I'd like to see these guest surveys you're talking about.

Please... I've ridden it a dozen times and not once has there not been clapping at the end from multiple people. I've never heard "that's all".

Tell ya what, Mike- why don't you watch 20 POV videos and find one that says "that's all?" And then report back.
Note: you'll hear clapping in all 20

Please... I've ridden it a dozen times and not once has there not been clapping at the end from multiple people. I've never heard "that's all".

Tell ya what, Mike- why don't you watch 20 POV videos and find one that says "that's all?" And then report back.

I'm about to stand out there and do my own surveys. When you've ridden the ride once or twice, it's just another 3D ride. A ride that comes to an abrubt ending. A ride that is not worth it if you're waiting more than 20 minutes imo.

Obviously you'll hear clapping on the POVs. Most POVs are shot when a ride first opens.

To be fair, most of the POVs are from the first few weeks when the die hard fans are riding. Once the POVs are up, nobody is going to waste their time rerecording what's already there.

People clap when planes land, I don't think that's a good indicator. If the whole bus is giving a roaring applause then I could see the point. The first thing my wife said when the ride was over was: That's it?

To be fair, most of the POVs are from the first few weeks when the die hard fans are riding. Once the POVs are up, nobody is going to waste their time rerecording what's already there.

People clap when planes land, I don't think that's a good indicator. If the whole bus is giving a roaring applause then I could see the point. The first thing my wife said when the ride was over was: That's it?

Same reaction here followed by "glad we had express and didn't wait over 15 minutes for that".

Obviously you'll hear clapping on the POVs. Most POVs are shot when a ride first opens.
Here ya go- I havent watched any of these- so not actually sure if they clap or cheer or say "thats it?". It was tough to find them though- I had to use this new invention called "google"- and typed "Reign of Kong POV 2017" into the field. Sure enough, stuff came up.

[4K] Skull Island: Reign of Kong POV Low Light Enhanced Version 3D ...
Skull Island Reign of Kong On Ride Low Light POV Universal Orlando ...
(4K) Skull Island: Reign of Kong 3D Filter No Ghosting Low Light ...
SKULL ISLAND REIGN OF KONG full on ride pov universals islands of ...
FULL RIDE POV Skull Island: Reign of Kong ride at Universal Studios ...

So we're up to 3 negative anecdotal comments that speak for everyone who has ridden it. Shall we make it 4?
Or, shall we look at it being the longest wait in either park- even though it has a ridiculously high capacity. Or... you know, the member surveys.