Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Transformers gets compared to Spidey all the time, don't fool yourself into thinking that's just something hardcore fans notice. It's the same ride vehicle design, a similar story, it has a fire effect, a water effect, and it ends with a simulated free fall where you're saved by the hero at the end, followed by the hero congratulating you. It's extremely similar in both ride vehicle and pacing, and almost every person I've talked to who has ridden both makes that comparison.

Transformers gets compared to Spidey all the time, don't fool yourself into thinking that's just something hardcore fans notice. It's the same ride vehicle design, a similar story, it has a fire effect, a water effect, and it ends with a simulated free fall where you're saved by the hero at the end, followed by the hero congratulating you. It's extremely similar in both ride vehicle and pacing, and almost every person I've talked to who has ridden both makes that comparison.
Probably because this was supposed to be USH's version of Spider-Man (there wasn't enough room to clone Spidey). There are a variety of stories of why we got it, but all I know it was literally a last minute decision because they were putting in a haunted house and 2 days later had to remove it as it was going to be demolished.

Probably because this was supposed to be USH's version of Spider-Man (there wasn't enough room to clone Spidey). There are a variety of stories of why we got it, but all I know it was literally a last minute decision because they were putting in a haunted house and 2 days later had to remove it as it was going to be demolished.
Most likely reasoning was it's a speedbump to suck in people heading to Diagon to help ease the crowds. Toy Story Land at DHS could be considered a similar situation.

I like Transformers. It's different enough for me to enjoy it as its own thing. It has more (simulated) driving forward sequences, whereas Spider-Man is constantly going sideways.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Was the haunted house a ride or walk thru?

Hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's thoughts. Perhaps Universal wants rides of equal quality on both coasts. If Orlando had F&F that was far superior to Hollywood that would be unfair and viewed as favoritism. Could this be a factor in their decision to duplicate F&F?

This sums up how Universal Orlando really came to be. Without this idea, the originals Kong or Jaws wouldn't have happened.

Reactions: tankart150
Most likely reasoning was it's a speedbump to suck in people heading to Diagon to help ease the crowds. Toy Story Land at DHS could be considered a similar situation.

I like Transformers. It's different enough for me to enjoy it as its own thing. It has more (simulated) driving forward sequences, whereas Spider-Man is constantly going sideways.
I doubt that was the reason (Rocket was built for that) And they'd certainly have planned it more than two days out. :D

I can understand TF, it's a fun ride and if I had the choice between a HHN house or a nice dark ride attraction, I'll go with TF. I will never understand F&F. That was a nice size plot, it's a shame it's being spent on a queue. God, I hate that franchise now. Had this been used for a SLOF dark ride at least it would add variety... And could be a superior experience. Now we're getting similar rides near each other on the same side of the park. Eh. At least Nintendo is coming.

Reactions: belloq87
Well, TMs are going into place for the attraction.

Not sure if this is opening team or a second test/adjust crew.

But they've been warned they have to go up and down stairs a lot. I thought this ride was pretty much flat..?

Reactions: Joel
Well, TMs are going into place for the attraction.

Not sure if this is opening team or a second test/adjust crew.

But they've been warned they have to go up and down stairs a lot. I thought this ride was pretty much flat..?
When they built the frame there was extensive second story/loft space showing up. Maybe that is what they mean.