Express Service Upcharge | Inside Universal Forums

Express Service Upcharge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 5, 2009
Miami, FL
Not surprised considering all the recent up charges but Disney just announced a new upcharge express bus service between parks for only... $15 per person or $24 for a multi-day park hopper. AP holders can purchase on a per day basis. The Express Bus service will be picking guests up directly inside the parks and then "magical" transport them by way of backstage areas to another park arriving faster than regular
transportation service.

The pickup locations are as follows:

MK- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Epcot- Guest Relations by Spaceship Earth
DHS- Rock n Roller Coaster courtyard
AK- Kilimanjaro Safaris

Service starts December 7 2016, and will run from 10am to park close every 30 minutes.

I wonder what more shameless, I mean... MAGICAL upcharge experiences are awaiting for 2017!

Last edited:
These upcharge things are really beginning to appear very desperate. It makes me wonder if WDW is trying to cover for some financial issues.

What's desperate is the way Disney fans are actually defending this new extra. For me the fact that they drop you off in backstage areas is just terrible. There is no concern for show anymore at Disney.

So, is WDW run like a subsidiary much like Pixar and Marvel?
There are actually multiple subsidiaries that make up WDW. The biggest and main one is the Walt Disney World co. There are others that exist to benefit WDW and are somewhat seperate as well as subsidiaries under that company.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
What I'm finding slightly odd about this, is that this could drastically speed up the time hopping between parks which could make doing 2 parks in a day a bit more realistic for more people resulting in people buying less days.

This on top of the fema tents would have Walt rolling in his Effing grav. This is horrendous

True. To be honest I wouldn't doubt if this is just the beginning of a lot more upcharges planned for 2017. I believe it started with the upcharge ice cream after hours party at MK. The ground work is already laid out in the current fastpass system to implement a upcharge system and considering how fee happy they have been recently with the handling fees at hotels for packages, it's only a matter of time before they bring about upcharging a fastpass+ system.

Last edited:
These upcharge things are really beginning to appear very desperate. It makes me wonder if WDW is trying to cover for some financial issues.
It does make you wonder what is actually going on behind the scenes. It just doesn't seem like they are doing this many desperate moves at their other resorts.

I am beginning to wonder if WDW's development pattern, spread out parks with a massive amount of infrastructure and transit to support it, is not finally eating into the bottom line of WDW. No other Disney resort has this type of extra overhead. It's no different than a city, more compact cities have lease cost per mile to maintain its infrastructure vs sprawling suburban communities do.

Last edited:
After so many years of not allowing guests backstage and spending millions even billions of dollar to transport guests to a "different world" and building berms, they decided to go low with a $15 up charge to save a couple of minutes... This is especially weird in Animal Kingdom's location as you are in Africa and then out of nowhere you pass thru the "magical gate" to a world of grey buildings and trashcans.

Unless they decide to blindfold people in backstage areas...?

After so many years of not allowing guests backstage and spending millions even billions of dollar to transport guests to a "different world" and building berms, they decided to go low with a $15 up charge to save a couple of minutes... This is especially weird in Animal Kingdom's location as you are in Africa and then out of nowhere you pass thru the "magical gate" to a world of grey buildings and trashcans.

Unless they decide to blindfold people in backstage areas...?

The 'keep the magic alive' blindfolds are an extra $10 and can only be used once per ride.

I haven't had a problem hopping to all four parks in a day on the normal buses. I would be pissed if Disney cut bus services a bit to make this new up-charge seem more attractive.

What a ridiculous undisney like concept tho.