Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Electric Car Charging

sjago13

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Kissimmee
I just got an electric car. A Chevy Bolt EV and wanted to share my experience charging it at Universal.

Right now they only have 2 Leve 2 (~6KW) plugs at valet. Luckily my friend has a premier pass so it's free minus tip. They make you sign a waiver and they plug it in right near the dropoff circle. I asked what happens if there are more than 2 cars that want a charge and their response was that they will give each car a certain amount of time and then rotate them out. Right now I assume that is sufficient but I do hope they add some to the parking garages at some point. I got asked to do a survey coming out of the parks and made that suggestion.

So if anyone is thinking about an electric car or has any questions feel free to respond here or dm me.

Just so you know Portofino recently added two electric car charging stations in their garage. I assume the other on-site hotels will also add stations soon.