The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So found some stuff out about the spaceships:
"Originally, there were two types of ride vehicles: the dirt bikes we know today and a spaceship. I can’t find images of the ship anywhere online, though the proof is still in the queue. When Botanicus (the leader of The Green Planet – where E.T. is from) appears inside the forest of the interior queue he begs visitors to “Hide E.T from the scientists who seek him. Bring him on a spaceship or carry him on your bikes.”
Guests were requesting to skip the spaceship in favor of the bikes, plus it was hard to see out of them. Ultimately, Universal ditched the spaceships entirely."

I believe the spaceship was wheelchair access only.

Rode yesterday: everything looks good, like it has a good spit shine or tweak. I'm pretty bummed that the queue Bottanicus was not working though. Hope i just caught it at a bad time... E.T. also did not say any names.

So, a general clean-up and queue refurb, it would seem.

Rode yesterday: everything looks good, like it has a good spit shine or tweak. I'm pretty bummed that the queue Bottanicus was not working though. Hope i just caught it at a bad time... E.T. also did not say any names.

Like you, I really like the Botannicus scene. I'll often forgo the Express line and go through Stand By so I can loiter and watch the entire scene. But, sadly, he was not working the times we went in May. But, last October, he was in fine working order, so I stopped and enjoyed his scene a good number of times. Over the years it seems it's been kind of hit & miss with him working.

Reactions: tankart150

When I rode yesterday, ET said a bunch of names that weren't ours and was facing the wrong direction, as if calling out after a vehicle that had already passed.

Otherwise the ride looked great, smelled a lot less musty, and all the other elements appeared to be in working order.

The wider queue is actually a nice touch. You could linger if you want to, taking in the forest scent, and not be a roadblock.

Spielberg's intro still looks like overly-compressed, up-converted VHS though.

I really think ET should stop saying names. This is 2017 and Siri/Google Assistant can pronounce just about anything flawlessly. ET's flawed pronunciation dates this ride immensely.

I really think ET should stop saying names. This is 2017 and Siri/Google Assistant can pronounce just about anything flawlessly. ET's flawed pronunciation dates this ride immensely.
They should just make it a little more interactive. Like maybe tell them your name and the name of a celebrity and E.T. blurts out your name at the end in that celebrity's voice. So for example you tell them "Bartholomew" and "Sylvester Stallone" you hear "Bartholomew" come out of E.T.'s mouth in Sylvester Stallone's voice.

Reactions: tankart150

Are you making fun of ET's accent? He didn't grow up in this planet, you know. At least he is trying to do his best to communicate with us, besides what kind of person expects someone from a total different planet to speak perfect and clear Engli....... Oh! right, this is America. Nevermind, sorry, my bad. :lmao:

How do they type in the names that E.T. says anyway? If people have long names or rare names or anything like that, they still seem to type in everything and get it scanned on the card quite quickly. I've never seen them really stop to ask how to write out a name or anything, so I was wondering if they had a system that made things easier.

How do they type in the names that E.T. says anyway? If people have long names or rare names or anything like that, they still seem to type in everything and get it scanned on the card quite quickly. I've never seen them really stop to ask how to write out a name or anything, so I was wondering if they had a system that made things easier.
From what I've always understood they have a large library of pre-recorded names. If you watch as they type it narrows down the options for them to select.

I think it comes down to a sound system issue..Some of the sound effects just sound like they are coming through 20 year old speakers and processors