Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris Resort

I've also booked, not going till October though. Been 7 years since I was last there, I know they've been working hard on the run up to the 25th so be interesting to see how it's looking.

It was already looking better in July 2016 compared to my visit a couple of years before that. It should be looking tip top in October. Might still be sections closed for painting in Feb I should think

In a massive breaking news, The Walt Disney Company have done a mandatory buyout of Disneyland Paris; with a proposal to restore the financial position of the resort.

Link.
Just so it's clear, Disney doesn't own 100%... they increased from 76.7% to 85.7% in ownership.

Last edited:
Just so it's clear, Disney doesn't own 100%... they increaced from 76.7% to 85.7% in ownership.
Yes, but as I read it they want to get 100%:
In connection with this transaction, EDL intends to make a voluntary tender offer for all of the Euro Disney shares not already owned by Disney subsidiaries at a cash price of €2.00 per share. If EDL and the other Disney subsidiaries acting in concert with it collectively own at least 95% of Euro Disney's common shares following completion of the voluntary tender offer, EDL will promptly proceed with a mandatory buy out and delisting of the Euro Disney shares from Euronext Paris. An indicative timetable is attached to this press release.

Yes, but as I read it they want to get 100%:
DLP is the largest Disney Resort outside of WDW, so I guess i'm not surprised. The problem is Paris isn't making money right now. Of course a few big projects could turn that all around and it would make the investment into fully buying-out DLP worthwhile in the long run.

It takes investment though, which the resort hasn't seen much of since Ratatouille in 2013.

My understanding is one of the major investors, and Saudi Prince, pulled out leaving TWDC either defaulting or putting their cash in. This isn't good, fam.

My understanding is one of the major investors, and Saudi Prince, pulled out leaving TWDC either defaulting or putting their cash in. This isn't good, fam.
Hope we don't see more nickle and dimming due to this, but unfortunately i'm expecting it. Rumors are already circulating about ticket price increases soon.

EDIT: I wonder if that Saudi Prince sold his DVC points... last I knew he was the largest point owner in the system with over 1,000,000.

So what you are saying is that somewhere inside Disney, there is a discussion going about whether they can make the Millennium Falcon Ride a walkthrough?

I'm still going to be hopeful that this will be a positive move :)

In my (very limited) understanding, debt issues have always been a problem for DLP, so the talk of 'addressing the financial needs' sounds promising.

I think they have been investing recently, but the money has gone on a big resort wide renovation project rather than new attractions. Hopefully once this is complete they will look to fill out and improve the studios park.

I think Euro Disney are also involved in the Villages Nature resort opening this year, but I have no idea of the details or how much money they have put into this.

So what you are saying is that somewhere inside Disney, there is a discussion going about whether they can make the Millennium Falcon Ride a walkthrough?

Nah that's budgeted. More like the if they can fluff up existing entertainment and attractions for WDW's 50th.

Hope we don't see more nickle and dimming due to this, but unfortunately i'm expecting it. Rumors are already circulating about ticket price increases soon.

EDIT: I wonder if that Saudi Prince sold his DVC points... last I knew he was the largest point owner in the system with over 1,000,000.

It looks like they are offering DIS stock for the DLP shares so it should be less of an impact than if it were all cash. If they get enough people trading at the 67% premium the rest should have little impact to the cash (bonus) stash and might not result in further cuts to park operations (I hope!)