Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cobra's Curse

I was there yesterday, the entire section where King Tut's tomb etc was is behind a construction wall, walls goes from almost where Crown Colony is, untill all the way where Montu's bathrooms are.

Im kind of digging the look of this ride. Sure it isn't a wing rider or super galactic mega hyper but looks like a well rounded coaster the whole family can enjoy

I think it does look like good family fun. The POV video does look good

Looks pretty cool. Tut's tomb is being expanded to serve as BGT's only air conditioned queue. It looks like they may build some Disney/Universal style interaction into the queue to keep people entertained while they are waiting. Images make it appear that the elevator lift will take you up right out of the Tut's Tomb building. They said the ride time is three and a half minutes in the presentation today with an hourly capacity of 1,000 riders.

The trains are locked through the second lift hill and only do controlled spins. They unlock as they descend the second large drop and the weight distribution controls the spinning from there on out.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks pretty cool. Tut's tomb is being expanded to serve as BGT's only air conditioned queue. It looks like they may build some Disney/Universal style interaction into the queue to keep people entertained while they are waiting. Images make it appear that the elevator lift will take you up right out of the Tut's Tomb building. They said the ride time is three and a half minutes in the presentation today with an hourly capacity of 1,000 riders.

The trains are locked through the second lift hill and only do controlled spins. They unlock as they descend the second large drop and the weight distribution controls the spinning from there on out.

This looks great. Not a fan of the name, but it's cool to see they'll use King Tut's tomb, because it doesn't get enough love. A solid, family-friendly ride. Way to go, BGT!

I would assume their a month behind schedule not because of contractors or art direction, but because they need to upload videos of the ride's progress. In all seriousness, I feel like the social media campaign (or whatever you want to call it) is lacking with this one when compared to what they did a little over 4 years ago. My expectations, so low for that one, when I finally rode it, I despised my judgment skills on coaster announcements for years...

Was digging through the cheetah hunt thread where disneyfan168 posted this 4 years ago. I noticed that the trains were spinning trains, which makes me wonder if Cobra's Curse begin to take form at that time. What if the parks next coaster is in its very infant phase right now!?

Was Cheetah Hunt going to have a whole different ride system? Check out this concept art that was featured in the Cheetah Hunt Exhibit in Cheetah Gifts.

DSC07518.JPG

I am not sure if this has been advertised yet or not, but I estimate this ride will be 2:30 min from departure to arrival. That is kind of "so what?" info I know, but just thought I would toss it out there. :wave:

That is a nice time, a tad lengthy for a coaster unless the lift will be slow, but since the height is about 70ft I'd imagine there won't be much time that goes into the lift. I am actually very excited for this, will be cool to go beneath the railroad tracks and into the Serengeti. Can you imagine this ride on a foggy day? I once had this last year, it was quite foggy and I went on Montu and the train had just passed and its smoke was just all around certain parts of Montu.

That's not bad for a coaster. Most of them are so short they're over before you realize you're on a ride.

Yeah, this breaks up into what I would call five "Ooooh, OH!" moments including the beginning. Unless they really screw it up, I see it as being a very satisfying and popular family attraction at the park. It will sell tickets.