Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Captain Underpants (2017)

May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
Translated in 20 different languages, with more than 70 million books sold worldwide, of that, over 50 million in the United States, 2012's#1 most requested to be ban book series will finally make the big screen brought to you by the folks of Dreamworks Animation. Get your wedgie proof underwear for this highly anticipated pooptastical adventure about characters created by Dav Pikey....Tra la la la I give you Captain Underpants!

EKMOzPlpOgC9snPNYv458WmwaB6vsrKOcvhdJapzH2g.jpg

Kevin Hart ...
George Beard (voice)
Thomas Middleditch ...
Harold Hutchins (voice)
Ed Helms ...
Mr. Krupp / Captain Underpants (voice)
Nick Kroll ...
Professor Poopypants (voice)
Jordan Peele ...
Melvin (voice)
Ryan Dorsey ...
Mr. Morty Fyde (voice)
Jackée Harry ...
Mrs. DePoint (voice)
Nancy Cartwright ...
Evil George / Evil Harold (voice)
Kelly Osbourne ...
Ms. Creant (voice)
Jenna Ushkowitz ...
Ms. Guided (voice)
April Winchell ...
Wedgie Woman (voice)

Directed by
David Soren (Turbo)

Screenplay by
Dav Pikey (Author of book)
and
Nicholas Stoller (The Muppets)

The first second I saw this and I instantly shouted "What the hell is captain--" and then stopped, thinking that I should of waited to see what the thread is about.

I'm intrigued. when I was younger; I looked at it faintly but never played much attention to it.

I am curious to see how it play's out; but I'll wait till the first trailer.

I loved these books as a kid. Loved. I remember going to Barnes and Noble all the time hoping the new one would be out. But they took FOREVER to come out. And I always wanted a movie to come out. So while I might have outgrown the books, I might be forced to check out the movie because of how much I loved the books when I was a kid. Always wanted to see it brought to life

86% now.

Color me shocked. I truly had this one pegged as a loser.
Count me with you as shocked.

The good reviews should fair well for the movie since Cars 3 comes out in two weeks and, although will finish #1, will likely have a terrible RT Score. Cars 1 & 2 are the worst rated Pixar films on RT so far. That could lead to this movie holding for a bit.

Unfortunately for the movie on the whole though, it will need to do well internationally to be a success though financially. Opening against Wonder Woman kind of buries it.