Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Boats to Hotel?

Aug 5, 2012
tampa
can somebody tell me if you can ride the boat back to the hotel if you aren't staying at the hotel that night.my wife and i are going to universal late for her birthday and spending time in city walk that night but she wants to go to portifino to eat and we dont want to walk. when i stayed at the rpr i dont remember them ever asking to see my room key

Yes, you can get on the boat without a hotel key, you just won't be able to get into the hotel.

Though, honestly, all you need is one person to unlock the door via their hotel card and they can let the entire boat on if everyone holds the door for each other, but that's neither here or there.

My son and I are headed back to universal for a 12 day trip in about a month. While we've been to universal several times, we never stay on site as our budget doesn't allow it. Therefore, we've never taken a boat to the hotels or eaten at any of the hotel restaurants. Just found this thread and wanted to check if it was still the case that people who aren't hotel guests could ride the boats to the hotels and eat at the hotel restaurants. I think it would be a would be a nice change of scenery and a good excuse to check out some "new" restaurants. Thanks!

My son and I are headed back to universal for a 12 day trip in about a month. While we've been to universal several times, we never stay on site as our budget doesn't allow it. Therefore, we've never taken a boat to the hotels or eaten at any of the hotel restaurants. Just found this thread and wanted to check if it was still the case that people who aren't hotel guests could ride the boats to the hotels and eat at the hotel restaurants. I think it would be a would be a nice change of scenery and a good excuse to check out some "new" restaurants. Thanks!

You shouldn't have any problems at all. Unless something has changed in the last few months, you aren't asked to provide a room key or any proof of staying at the hotels to use the boats.

Reactions: BBL
The only time I've seen them check for your hotel is late in the evening after the hotel restaurants have closed. (Boats leaving from the CitiWalk dock)

Reactions: BBL
How late do the boats run? I am planning something similar for my wife and I as the original poster.

The boats normally run until about a half hour after CityWalk closes at 2:00 AM. If there are special late events (HHN, New Years, ect) they run even later because the influx of traffic.