Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aquatica to Host the 4th Annual Polar Plunge

I think the Polar plunge in Florida is more just like a morning swim :lol:

Anyways, I'm doing the plunge this weekend in Virginia Beach. High is around 40 that day! :fist:

I did the Polar Plunge today for the first time! I was on a team and had a really fun time. It was my first time at Aquatica, too.

I got to meet Terry Prather (President of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment) and Bryan Nadeau (VP of Aquatica)!! THAT was cool - both are very nice people.

The water in the wave pool was 64 degrees. The water in the rest of the park was heated and felt great after the plunge. I got to do two attractions today: HooRoo Run and Roa's Rapids. HooRoo Run reminded me of Bubba Tub at Wet 'n Wild, and Roa's Rapids was a fast-moving, fun lazy river-type attraction. Our group enjoyed a buffet lunch at Banana Beach Cook-Out (admission to Aquatica and the dining pass was included if you raised at least $100).

Spent the rest of the afternoon at SW and enjoyed the festivities of the last Just for Kids! event of the year. :smiley:

Observation: Dolphin Nursery is temporarily walled off and appears to be undergoing refurbishment of some sort. Was unable to see the progress of Antarctica due to the Sky Tower being closed while we were there.