Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Ticket Price Increase

I wonder if the info from the bracelets and other swipes shows that the sweet spot for a stay (max $/person/day) is around 4 days and after that the money is just spread out over the longer stay so they want to get you in, suck up your cash, and get you out to move another vacationer in. Gotta believe they see some trend like that.

Thats fine if they are at max capacity. But how often are they hitting that?

Except, they won't really up their profits as people will not stay as long. The reason people stay longer, and end up spending more than they planned, was because you could go from a 4 day ticket to a 7 day ticket for like $30 or something cheap like that. If staying those extra three days means $200 a head, people won't stay for a week.
For sure. I fully agree. And that's why I think Yabbadabba Doh has an interesting point above. Especially in regards to the off site tourists, whom they're not making as much money off of....The other point is that Disney doesn't seem to care about long term implications of their corporate decisions. They've kind of zeroed in on short term results, and the hell with what happens five-ten years down the road. The present day Execs & upper mgt. people won't be there then so they concentrate on today's bonus checks & profit sharing agreements.