2017 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot | Inside Universal Forums

2017 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok... one more festival and there will be essentially no breaks without one. (Flower and Garden, Food and Wine, Arts)
Epcot - Land of Festivals
Why didn't they use a 2 word descriptor? Arts and Crafts? LOL

Heh, the festivals work. May as well just keep adding more since it's obvious that when Disney is talking about Epcot's identity, this is what it is. Epcot will essentially be a World Festival Park with a handful of ride attractions for good measure. It's a cheap way to make a lot of revenue. Sounds like a business plan to me. If customers want want to ride an attraction, they can go to MK (or down the road to Universal).

Reactions: SeventyOne
So the original plan was to bring back Festival of the Masters for Disney Springs, then this happened. I hope they bring back the amazing artist who exhibited at FotM. It would be sad if they didn't.

I actually really like a lot of the ideas behind this. Especially that the performers will be Broadway performers doing Disney on Broadway songs. Since I make it to Broadway about once every 2 years, if they actually pull decent talent, it would definitely be something to draw me to this festival that would differentiate it from the other festivals.

The food stalls will be out all year round soon!

International Arts Festival? More like the International Farts Festival :look::bolt:

*coughs* *clears throat* I think Epcot's main draw is its unique 'foodie' destinations...I guess until Disney decides to plus Epcot, or care about it in general, these events will have to do

Performers announced (via Travel Agent email):

dtnemail-jnd91313-b2be8.jpg

In collaboration with Disney Theatrical Productions, this new festival brings an exciting new showcase of favorite music and Broadway talent to the America Gardens Theatre stage. Throughout the six weekends of the festival, different pairings of phenomenal Broadway artists will perform songs from some of Disney on Broadway’s award winning shows.

We’re excited to share the lineup of performers for this brand new series:

• Jan. 13-16 and 20-23: Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland performing songs from: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid
  • Jan. 27-30 and Feb. 3-6: Kerry Butler and Kevin Massey performing songs from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Newsies and Aladdin
  • Feb. 10-13 and 17-20: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White performing songs from Disney’s The Lion King, Aida, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid
Performances will be at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Friday through Monday of each festival weekend.

And, as we’ve previously shared, you can book your Clients for a meal and performance combo. The dining package includes a three-course meal or full buffet at participating Epcot restaurants and priority seating at the 8 p.m. concert. Prices range from $39-$69+ tax for adults, $23-$41+tax for children. This event is non-commissionable. Book one of these select experiences for your Clients today by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

Also during the Festival, Future World Plaza will be filled with a variety of other visual and live performances including Epcot Living Statues, performances by Central Florida high schools and acclaimed university and college talent appearing through a partnership with Disney Performing Arts. Plus, Epcot’s American Music Machine will perform on the Future World Fountain Stage.

The festival runs Fridays through Mondays starting Jan. 13–Feb. 20, 2017.

Went tonight for the first time... this Festival is a home run for Disney already. It has similar elements as the other festivals (F&B, merch, etc), but it's very different in tone and also a lot of originality in certain areas. I did the Animation Academy, walked through the exhibits in the Odyssey (the Herbert Ryman exhibit was fantastic) and saw the last Disney on Broadway performance of the night featuring Ashley Brown (Original Broadway Mary Poppins... also Belle & Maria von Trapp) and Josh Strickland (Original Broadway Tarzan).

It was nice to have the Animation Academy back - it's in Innoventions across from Colortopia - although the room was lit quite a bit brighter than the room at DHS, so it was slightly harder to make out some of the lightly shaded lines that the artist was drawing.

The Broadway talent was amazing. I've seen a lot of performances/events held at the American Gardens Stage, but this may be my favorite from a pure talent perspective. I feel like this set up works a lot better with the 30 minute performance schedule than bands who are used to playing for an hour and a half. Personally, I think that the WDW crowd and broadway are very closely aligned. This series of Broadway shows caters not only to theatre nerds, but to the general public, since they will know most songs from the movies. Here was the setlist if anyone's interested:

1. "Beauty and the Beast" - Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland (BATB)
2. "A Change In Me" - Ashley Brown (BATB)
3. "Strangers Like Me" - Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
4. "Part of Your World" - Ashley Brown (The Little Mermaid)
5. "She's In Love" - Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland (The Little Mermaid)
6. "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" - Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland (Mary Poppins)
7. "Let It Go" - Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland (Frozen)

Last edited:
Here's a video from the opening song... the stage lights were blinding on them. We had first row near stage left, i'd definitely recommend a center view and a bit further back (if you can get it... there wasn't much of a line to get in but it filled up fast) so the stage lights not have such an impact if you plan on going any of the weekends.

Last edited:
I went over the weekend. It had a great vibe. Love that Figment is so prominent (clearly) and enjoyed the art galleries, especially Herb Ryman. I even bought a Disney Fine Art print and while waiting in line to pay, the artist came by and offered to sign it, which was super cool.

Most of the food I tried was pretty good, (although some looked prettier than it tasted.) I'm going to write a full review on my site tomorrow but I did make a video of my adventure through the event. (The Figment scavenger hunt near the end is my favorite bit.)

I went over the weekend. It had a great vibe. Love that Figment is so prominent (clearly) and enjoyed the art galleries, especially Herb Ryman. I even bought a Disney Fine Art print and while waiting in line to pay, the artist came by and offered to sign it, which was super cool.

Most of the food I tried was pretty good, (although some looked prettier than it tasted.) I'm going to write a full review on my site tomorrow but I did make a video of my adventure through the event. (The Figment scavenger hunt near the end is my favorite bit.)

Heh, that video made me hungry. :drool:.....Nice video.

Reactions: Alicia