Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

Not much discussion going on here, huh? I guess there's a lot happening in the theme park to talk about.

This was my first year going to the Flower and Garden Festival in a long time. I was really surprised how much effort they put into this. They not only plant a billion flowers around the park, but they build playgrounds for kids (that will be removed in just a few months) and some of the gardens include waterfalls and paved paths that were freshly poured for the event. Madness.

I tried a lot of the foods during my two visits since the festival started. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think I actually like the Arts Fest stuff better. At least from what I've tried. I know a lot of the foods at Flower and Garden are returning favorites, but I failed to see what was so special about the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash, something I've heard everyone raving about from previous years. I did however really like the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer, one of the new offerings from this year.

I've always liked the Topiaries the most in previous years, and I love the new style they're trying out now. When the festival began topiary displays were all green, but over time more colors and different plant materials have been introduced, and this year they've really added more detail to faces too. They really pop now with more color. Hope the trend continues.

I took video from the first day of the festival a couple weeks ago, but finally just finished my full review after visiting a second time.

Here's some food photo highlights, and more can be seen here: Epcot Flower and Garden Festival 2017 – Review & Full Coverage – Orlando ParkStop

Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer and Frozen Simply Tropical Juice Drink from La Isla Fresca:
IMG_2476.jpg

Pulled Pig Slider, Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash, and Warm Chocolate Cake from The Smokehouse:
IMG_2689.jpg

Seared Scallops and Maple Popcorn Shake from Northern Bloom:
IMG_2413bb.jpg

Pear Cider-brined Shredded Corned Beef and Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider from Cider House:
IMG_2417.jpg

Crabless Cake, Seared Pork Tenderloin, and Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions from Urban Farm Eats:
IMG_2634.jpg

Alsatian Onion Tart and Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge from Fleur de Lys:
IMG_2451bb.jpg

Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries, Kung Fu Punch and Oolong Mango Bubble Tea from Lotus House:
IMG_2771.jpg

The Pear Cider-brined Shredded Corned Beef from Cider House and the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer from La Isla Fresca are my favorites so far, by far. The Seared Scallops from Northern Bloom and the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash from The Smokehouse were the biggest let downs. I'll definitely be getting the corned beef again next time I visit.

Tigger agrees, the corned beef is the best! Hoo hoo hoo hoo!
IMG_2418.jpg

Here's some of my favorite topiaries from the event this year:

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

P1090749.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

I absolutely adore the Bambie and friends one, the colors really pop. I hope they do a lot more like that next year. More topiary pics here.

I enjoy the Flower & Garden Festival a lot. I'm very much interested in landscaping, so I'm really in my environment at F&G. I'll be spending a day there during my vacation. I greatly prefer it to the Food & Wine Festival. That said, I'm not really crazy about the food booths at any of the festivals. The value is terrible with the portions being bite sized at best and the cost just ridiculous. I can get similar food at any of our local International Food Festivals, with large portions and much much smaller cost. There's better food choices at the various quick service restaurants in the World showcase. I especially like Morocco, and often eat there or stop in France & get those great desserts, and eat/drink and enjoy the ambiance of a Parisian side street cafe. Epcot ride attractions are, on the whole, pretty mediocre, but World Showcase is a big time winner in my eyes.

There's better food choices at the various quick service restaurants in the World showcase. I especially like Morocco, and often eat there or stop in France & get those great desserts, and eat/drink and enjoy the ambiance of a Parisian side street cafe.
Oh, the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco is my new favorite lunch spot. Love love love the Lamb Shawarma plate. And France's bakery is good, but don't discount Norway's Kringla Bakeri. The lines are shorter, but the treats are just as good as France. I like the Lefse, a potato flatbread rolled up with sweet cinnamon butter inside. Mmmm.

Oh, the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco is my new favorite lunch spot. Love love love the Lamb Shawarma plate. And France's bakery is good, but don't discount Norway's Kringla Bakeri. The lines are shorter, but the treats are just as good as France. I like the Lefse, a potato flatbread rolled up with sweet cinnamon butter inside. Mmmm.
Yes, love the grass covered building (is it still there since Frozen?) to dine with Kringla bakery. But there's just something special with a glass of wine and dessert while sitting at a cafe table at the Parisian side street. Super ambiance. My GF loves it there. She's never been to Europe, so she gets a small sample. I've been there a few times but probably won't go back. It's getting too modern over there and the old world charm is slowly disappearing.

Yes, love the grass covered building (is it still there since Frozen?) to dine with Kringla bakery. But there's just something special with a glass of wine and dessert while sitting at a cafe table at the Parisian side street. Super ambiance. My GF loves it there. She's never been to Europe, so she gets a small sample. I've been there a few times but probably won't go back. It's getting too modern over there and the old world charm is slowly disappearing.
The grass covered building is still there. And one of the new buildings they added for Frozen has grass on the roof too actually.

Oh Wow, you are so correct about the detail and color of the Topiaries being in much more detail. The Bambi and Lion King ones are fabulous. I am going to be down at Walt Disney World in May for the end of this years festival and am really looking forward to this. The food that you pictured also looks great.