2014 Holidays at Universal | Inside Universal Forums

2014 Holidays at Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's unusual for them to announce it this early but man, it's the same thing year after year. I miss when they switched it up and added the Holiday Village.

Um, am I the only one who is getting a bit tired of the Holiday offerings at Uni? I feel they can do better...or at least add something new...special Christmas Cinespec? Harry Potter Christmas stuff?

Since I have never made it out to the Christmas events, I hope to this year, so it will be new to me. But I think all the parks end up doing the same old thing every year. Sea World in recent years added a village with food and stuff and then last year added this cool train display. But I don't think Disney has added anything new other than the stupid Jungle Cruise, which I am sorry, does not count.

Reactions: Brian G.
Since I have never made it out to the Christmas events, I hope to this year, so it will be new to me. But I think all the parks end up doing the same old thing every year. Sea World in recent years added a village with food and stuff and then last year added this cool train display. But I don't think Disney has added anything new other than the stupid Jungle Cruise, which I am sorry, does not count.

The Jungle Cruise rape aside, I do wish the parks overlayed more attractions for the Holidays. Like at Uni a Christmas Simpsons Ride could be a blast, and now you could theme all of Springfield.

The Jungle Cruise rape aside, I do wish the parks overlayed more attractions for the Holidays. Like at Uni a Christmas Simpsons Ride could be a blast, and now you could theme all of Springfield.

I think the best overlay in Orlando is The Arctic in Sea World... Oh wait, it is the only overlay in Orlando :smiley:

I totally agree with you. We go on Polar Express every year because on the other side it such cool Christmas stuff like meeting Santa! The smell is amazing too.

Disney has some amazing exclusive cookies too don't forget that, seriously some of the best I've ever had. I never went on the polar express overlay is it any good? Everybody I talk to says it's just clips from the movie. Seaworld does look really nice at Christmas time

Disney has some amazing exclusive cookies too don't forget that, seriously some of the best I've ever had. I never went on the polar express overlay is it any good? Everybody I talk to says it's just clips from the movie. Seaworld does look really nice at Christmas time

It is clips from the movie in a simulator similar to Star Tours. However, it takes you to the "North Pole" and the smell when you get off the ride is just amazing. They also have a huge tree, presents everywhere, and you can see Santa. If you want to wait in line you can get your picture taken with Santa.

The ride itself is pretty bad, but everything else is actually quite nice.

Hmm I'll have to look into it then, I needed a reason to go back to sea world and Antarctica isn't cutting it, thanks guys!!!

Last edited:
The ride itself is pretty bad, but everything else is actually quite nice.

To be honest with you, we always do the walking side and normally walk right past the screen and into the North Pole part. We do however watch it if we have someone that has never experienced it before. Now with my daughter being older she does like it, so last year we did watch it for her. I think it is one of those things you need to do once and then never again. But the North Pole part is a thing you can do yearly.

I still believe that Sea World has the most complete Christmas event out of all the parks. With the combination of lights, shows and ambiance, I was really impressed with the event.

Never really cared for Uni's Christmas events. Kinda bland, and there's just not a whole to do.

First time in the xmas period this year, so looking forward to all of the Orlando area's offerings!

I still believe that Sea World has the most complete Christmas event out of all the parks. With the combination of lights, shows and ambiance, I was really impressed with the event.

Never really cared for Uni's Christmas events. Kinda bland, and there's just not a whole to do.

I agree. I have never been to Uni, hoping to go this year, but from the descriptions I feel like I could do everything in a day even with it spread over two parks. And my day normally begins at 2 PM. But Sea World there was one year we went 3 times because we wanted to do everything and couldn't do everything in one day. We normally do at least 2 days in Sea World and 2 days in Disney. One day at Epcot and the other at MGM. We sometimes go to MK or AK too, but normally that is just to go more than to see Christmas stuff.

I agree. I have never been to Uni, hoping to go this year, but from the descriptions I feel like I could do everything in a day even with it spread over two parks. And my day normally begins at 2 PM. But Sea World there was one year we went 3 times because we wanted to do everything and couldn't do everything in one day. We normally do at least 2 days in Sea World and 2 days in Disney. One day at Epcot and the other at MGM. We sometimes go to MK or AK too, but normally that is just to go more than to see Christmas stuff.

I've never Sea World, but Universal was definitely pretty "meh" overall. But if we're talking about the best, Holiday Mansion crushes all.

I've never Sea World, but Universal was definitely pretty "meh" overall. But if we're talking about the best, Holiday Mansion crushes all.

A single ride, I imagine it does. I doubt I will never get to see it though since they won't do it in Orlando for some reason.

Sea World offers the following Holiday stuff:

1. Sesame Street Christmas show
2. Holiday Clyde and Seymor
3. An interesting take on a nativity show with live animals
4. Holiday Shamu Show (Best Shamu show ever and the sax player at the beginning is AWESOME)
5. Polar Express overlay on Arctic area
6. Special food offerings throughout the park including a special Holiday dish at some of the main counter service places
7. Christmas Village with merchandise and food
8. Last year they added a model train set that was really cool near the Christmas Village. I hope this continues and unlike Disney they actually kept up their trains when they broke. I am looking at you Germany :fist:
9. Sea of Trees light show. Pretty neat show that is done hourly after dark tied to music
10. Ice Skating show (not the best, but it is there)
11. Fireworks

For a single park it has the most to offer by a mile over any other single park. Also, if you have not been to Sea World in awhile the regular shows during the day for Shamu and Clyde and Seymore still play. So you get two shows with those animals in one day. I think the Animal show plays too (theater Sesame Street is in), but I am not certain on that one.

SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration is the BEST in all of Orlando (especially since it is included with admission unlike Disney).

And this year, Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Tampa will be included with admission rather than being a hard ticket like it was the first two years. That was a great event as well.

A single ride, I imagine it does. I doubt I will never get to see it though since they won't do it in Orlando for some reason.

Sea World offers the following Holiday stuff:

1. Sesame Street Christmas show
2. Holiday Clyde and Seymor
3. An interesting take on a nativity show with live animals
4. Holiday Shamu Show (Best Shamu show ever and the sax player at the beginning is AWESOME)
5. Polar Express overlay on Arctic area
6. Special food offerings throughout the park including a special Holiday dish at some of the main counter service places
7. Christmas Village with merchandise and food
8. Last year they added a model train set that was really cool near the Christmas Village. I hope this continues and unlike Disney they actually kept up their trains when they broke. I am looking at you Germany :fist:
9. Sea of Trees light show. Pretty neat show that is done hourly after dark tied to music
10. Ice Skating show (not the best, but it is there)
11. Fireworks

For a single park it has the most to offer by a mile over any other single park. Also, if you have not been to Sea World in awhile the regular shows during the day for Shamu and Clyde and Seymore still play. So you get two shows with those animals in one day. I think the Animal show plays too (theater Sesame Street is in), but I am not certain on that one.

Holy crap :lol:

Thanks for the info! I'm sure it's all pretty good. I've always liked the other special events I've seen at Sea World. The Shamu Rocks was pretty decent, but the special Clyde and Seymore show Sea Lions Tonight was awesome.